Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] [SE] [DU] [ECO] Sims leave bikes in front of gondola, blocking it

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them besides eco lifestyle and journey to bantu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go into snowy escape world and try to ride the gondola to the top
What happens when the bug occurs? the no walking bubble appears even though they are in front of the gondola
What do you expect to see? I click the gondola and select ride to top then the no walking bubble appears
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Hot fix November 2020.

Everytime i try to ride the gondola in the snowy escape world it shows the the no walking bubble even though they are right in front of it. I restarted my game, repaired it and even took out my mods and it’s still not working. it was working before the hot fix update. i don’t know what’s going on now. Help? 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 43 (1,921 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: gondala not working sims 4 snowy escape

Hero

@lovelenaa

So, finally got around testing your save.

There is in fact a bike stuck at the entrance of the top of the gondola.

Try the following

1. Scroll to the top of the mountain (you can use to get to achieve that) until you see the top station
  2. Turn your screen until you see the back and you will notice a bike there (see pic below)
  3. Open the cheat console and type: testingcheats on
  4. Shift-click on the ground next next to the upper station and choose Teleport here
  5. Put bike in inventory
  6. Now it should work again

11-22-20_1-12-55 PM.png

As a suggestion I would leave the bike at your home lot when skiing. Seems the Sim likes to leave it there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 15 of 43 (2,365 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@lovelenaa Does it work if you start a new save for testing purposes to find out if it's limited to the save game or a general issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 43 (1,900 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrict yes even in the new save game Frown i don’t know what’s going on

if it was only in this save game what should i do?

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 3 of 43 (1,872 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@lovelenaa Is it just that save or all now ? Your edit is a bit conflicting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 43 (1,856 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrict im sorry! I tested it with a new save file and they were able to ride to the top so and it’s just in the save file i was playing. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this?

I tried taking out my sims folder and loading a new game and then put everything from the old folder into the existing and that still didn’t work! and I also tried deleting my old save files because i had LOTS of them and that didn’t work either!

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 5 of 43 (1,839 Views)

Hero
@lovelenaa Could you check if there's anything in front of the entrance on the bottom as well as the top ? Maybe a stuck bike or something ?

Does it also not work if you just manually send them to the top of the slope ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 43 (1,784 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I can’t see the top of the slope. how do you manually send them to the top of the slope? i clicked on the slopes and tried snowboarding it still wouldn’t let me.
Message 7 of 43 (1,774 Views)

Hero
@lovelenaa Are they greyed out ? What does the option say ? Can't you just scroll up to the top station of the gondola ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 43 (1,772 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict no they are not greyed out. i click it and just shows the bubble with no walking foot steps. I don’t know how to scroll to the top of the station on a macbook. i didn’t know that was possible
Message 9 of 43 (1,748 Views)

Hero
@lovelenaa Can you post some pictures where you're clicking and what you see ? I think that would make it easier.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 43 (1,744 Views)