Re: [WORKAROUND] [S] Scout Uniform appears has random texture

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: What is wrong with this sim?

Hero

Hi @BellaXLuna 

merged your post with the bug thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 55 (1,702 Views)

★★★ Novice

How do I actually do that? and BTW the problem was solved when the game recently updated.Wondering

Message 32 of 55 (1,689 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@BellaXLuna I did merge your post.

Good to hear it's solved for you. I still see it on low Sims settings. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 55 (1,672 Views)

Plastic, dappled boyscout

★ Novice

My teenager was playing the violin in a park before having to go to their scout meeting. They changed into their uniform and suddenly I had a dappled boy with plastic-y features. Since then, this has happened whenever he changed into the scout uniform. Any ideas?

Message 34 of 55 (1,666 Views)

Re: Plastic, dappled boyscout

Champion

@iKestrelrandomly,don't worry, this is a known bug for the scout uniform.Angel  I'll see if they want to merge your post here with the other post on this in the Bug Reports section,.. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 35 of 55 (1,646 Views)
Highlighted

@iKestrelrandomly  I've merged your post into the bug thread for this issue.  Please click Me Too, and feel free to add any relevant info.  You can see Crinrict's solution on the first page for a workaround.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 36 of 55 (1,628 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hello! I reported this as technical issue today and a user pointed me to this thread. I have the same issue but on XBox One X so there's no graphics settings. Patches are current, Pack list can be supplied if need be.

Message 37 of 55 (1,544 Views)

Shiny White Texture Squares?

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know. It just happens with male Sims spawning in the world.
What happens when the bug occurs? Shiny texture squares appear on male Sims. Never female. They mostly show up in-game and in the family portrait.
What do you expect to see? Not white squares??
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This has been happening since 1.52.100.1020.

I removed all the CC from my game and I'm still getting these random white squares on certain Sims.  Is it a graphics card issue?  Should I turn something off?  Help??

Message 38 of 55 (1,565 Views)

Re: Shiny White Texture Squares?

★★★ Newbie

Quick update: I turned off CC and mods in-game to see if it would make a difference...it did not.  Going to try running the game in laptop mode.

Message 39 of 55 (1,559 Views)

Re: Shiny White Texture Squares?

★★ Guide

It's a known issue with the scouts uniform apperantly there's a workarround with graphicsettings, see here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-S-Scout-Uniform-appears-has-random-texture/td-p/798...

Message 40 of 55 (1,532 Views)