[FIXED] [S] New items gathered disappear from inventory (FW Baby Trait)

by TheWindKaze

Original Post

Inventory items disappear when traveling

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, get together, city living, vampires, parenthood, seasons, get famous, strangerville, island living, realm of magic, discover university
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? For example fishing in one place and then traveling to other place.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims had all of their inventory items disappear when they travel from one lot to another. For example I bought my scientist sim crystals from the net and they were added to her inventory. The next day, when I went to work with her (at the laboratory) all of her stuff was gone, including the crystals. For some reason homework doesn't disappear but everything else does. I tried to buy the crystals again but again they disappeared when the sim traveled to different lot.
What do you expect to see? I expect all of my sims' stuff be in their inventory unless I get rid of them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

---

Message 101 of 122 (672 Views)

Re: Inventory items disappear when traveling

Hero
@Vadelma5 This is usually related to the father winter baby trait (any Sim).

Do you have any children of Father Winter in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 102 of 122 (663 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Nope!
Message 103 of 122 (655 Views)

Hero
@Vadelma5 Would you mind sending me your save then ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 104 of 122 (634 Views)

★ Expert
@Vadelma5 this has been an ongoing issue. There is another thread (a few actually) with the same issue. It was reported in 2018, but the thread is still going with new reports. Hopefully the team fixes this. Here is thelink for you Standard smile
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Items-collected-in-personal-inventory-are-disappearing/td...
Message 105 of 122 (623 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have also noticed this happening since eco living... for example, my sim would rummage for ingredients and then travel home to plant them and... the fruit/vegetables are gone.  I could not have eaten them or cooked with them; my sim went straight home.

Yesterday it happened with two frogs my sim was breeding... after selling the offspring my sim had no frogs.  I used the debug cheat to buy her replacement frogs and after putting them in her inventory she had two of each.  So... the frogs weren't gone, just invisible?

Message 106 of 122 (608 Views)

Hero
@Avanthalas There's quite a few causes for this issue.

Your first one sounds more like this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Some-harvestables-found-in-trash-disappear-fro...

Frogs being invisible seems something new so you might wanna make your own thread for that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 107 of 122 (601 Views)

★★★ Novice
@InfiniteVerve Thank you!
Message 108 of 122 (587 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I sent the file via PM! Thank you for looking into this
Message 109 of 122 (581 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Vadelma5 

I tested your save and you have two Sims with the FatherWinterBaby Trait that are causing the issue in your case

There's several options to fix this but since both Sims are in hidden households, it's a bit hard to do without mods.

1. Get the fatherWinterbaby trait fix mod. Google:  leroidetout patron > search for LeRoiDeTout "Should Stop" Mod Fixes --> Add should_stop_fatherwinter_errors.ts4script to your game
  2. Get MCCommand Center and choose in the options to make invisible households visible. Find the following Sims in your hidden households: Hannu Holappa and Luukas Selänne. If they are not important to your game, delete them. If they are, remove the fatherwinterbaby trait with traits.remove_trait fatherwinterbaby or directly in MCCC
  3. Add a random Sim to one of the households. Use the cheat: relationship.introduce_sim_to_all_others. It may take a while to get all Sims to show up in your relationship panel but once they do, you can invite the two sims over and then use testingcheats on - shift-click on Sim - Add to family to add them to your family. From here you can either remove the trait as shown above or simply delete the whole household (i do think this should work without mods)

That should fix the inventory issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 110 of 122 (550 Views)