Droid disappears from inventory when travelling

by Wishonastar18

Original Post

Re: Loosing items from Inventory on Batuu

Hero
@-Jeric96- Do you have any Sims that are related to Father Winter ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 61 of 122 (991 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

yes, have some but i am not playing with them right now.

But he should be in the ancestor tree...

--------------

BTW seems like one of the script mods that i used did corrupt my save-file...

have now the testingcheats-cheat always active.. tried to play on a new savefile and the bug was gone...

so i start to move my whole family tree to another savegame :/

Message 62 of 122 (987 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@-Jeric96- Father Winter baby's can cause this issue even when you don't play them.

So you could be having this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-New-items-gathered-disappear-from-inventory-FW/t...

Do you have other issues ? The FW trait stuff is fixable

There's also a mod that should take care of that type of LE but I can't link it here

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 63 of 122 (975 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict yes thanks... but i have had all custom content deactivated and even deletet it.. so i dont think resetting the game as described would work... (although i did something very similiar...)
Message 64 of 122 (970 Views)

Hero
@-Jeric96- You don't have to do the resetting. That was just initial troubleshooting.

It's about removing the traits from the Sims that have it or at least move them in somewhere. If you know which Sims have the trait. If not, you need a mod to find them.

Basically this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-New-items-gathered-disappear-from-inventory-FW/m...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 65 of 122 (962 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Ok, Ty this seems to have done it...
just now i remembered i had similiar issues when realms of magic came out^^
Message 66 of 122 (944 Views)

Hero
@-Jeric96- Merging your post then. Glad it helped

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 67 of 122 (941 Views)

Droid disappears from inventory when travelling

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them including Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Be in any sector on Batuu 2. Deactivate Droid 3. Place droid in inventory 4. Travel to another sector 5. Observe droid is not in inventory, nowhere in the sector I just arrived in and nowhere in the sector I just left
What happens when the bug occurs? My droid vanishes from my inventory and cannot be recovered. If i travel without putting it in my inventory, the game tells me it was added back to my inventory for me
What do you expect to see? My droid to stay in my inventory or travel with me from sector to sector.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So far for me this is 100% repeatable, I've lost 3 droids because of it. Very disappointing.

Message 68 of 122 (1,073 Views)

Re: Droid disappears from inventory when travelling

Hero
@Wishonastar18 Haven't personally have any issues.

Is the droid the only thing that disappears ? Does it happen on a fresh save/different household as well or is it limited to a certain one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 69 of 122 (1,051 Views)

Re: Droid disappears from inventory when travelling

★★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict 

Thanks for the fast response! 
It's definitely a problem with the save file. 
I tried a brand new game on a new save and had no issues. 

I went back to the save that I was having issues with, chose a new household, used testing cheats to give that sim a  bunch of Batuu items, and purchased a droid. 
I then deactivated the droid, put it in my inventory, and traveled to another sector in Batuu. Upon arrival, every single item was gone from the inventory. 
is there a way to "recover" the save for my original Batuu Sim?

Thanks again for your help!

Message 70 of 122 (1,036 Views)