Re: Items Disappear from Inventory When Traveling

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] New items gathered disappear from inventory (FW Baby Trait)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63 (current version as of 06/06/20)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If I split and create a new household, their items in their personal inventory are returning
What happens when the bug occurs? My YA sim move out of his previous household, then I sell his Homework book and some of his projects when he was a child/teen. Then when I travel to a different lot. His homework and project are still in the inventory (The money didnt lose). Also, if I purchase an order (lets say an apple) then I travel to another lot, the apple will be lost. My other household besides him has no problem. My only way to fix this issue is to move the entire household to the lot where my YA sim will live then I will split them again so that issue will be transferred to my previous household.
What do you expect to see? All of my sold items will not return to my inventory and new acquired items will not lose after I travel to another lot
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I am playing like James Turner’s rags to riches series (currently on Gen 9). I enable aging to played and unplayed sims, set my max population to unlimited and, filling empty homes with sims.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 122 (4,625 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Inventory items disappear when traveling

Hero

I believe that specific error was fixed a while ago so I'm going to mark this thread as fixed.

I also believe that other LE's can give the same symptoms though, so if you still have this, please create a new report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 122 of 122 (2,991 Views)

All Replies

Re: Inventory keeps on returning/losing on my new households

Hero

HI @TheWindKaze 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 122 (4,519 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello, thanks for your reply. I did what you asked and it didn't fix my issue. But my other save files do not have this problem. Is it because my progress in that save file is too large?

Message 3 of 122 (4,490 Views)

Hero
@TheWindKaze Don't know. There have been issues with people loosing newly added stuff before but that was gone for good. so it sounds a bit different.

Could you send me your save game ? Instructions in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 122 (4,474 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict already sent my save file
Message 5 of 122 (4,442 Views)

Hero
@TheWindKaze Thanks. I don't know when I have time to look at it. Most probably not today.

I'll let you know

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 122 (4,423 Views)

Hero
@TheWindKaze I tested your save and can duplicate the issue.

I get a LastException related to FatherWinter Babys. Seems they can still cause all kinds of issues.

You have two that are both ghosts. Do you remember if they are directly related to the household you're having issues with ?

It's worth trying if the issue goes away if you send those two ghost to the netherworlds (would take forever for me to find them in your save).

I will forward your save though so QA can look into it what's causing it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 122 (4,367 Views)

Hero
@TheWindKaze Tagging to see test results and questions

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 122 (4,322 Views)

Items Disappear from Inventory When Traveling

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions and game packs Stuff: Laundry, bowling, toddler, tiny living (problem was happening before I had stuff packs)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel somewhere, put items in inventory, travel home, items are gone.
What happens when the bug occurs? Items disappear from inventory when traveling. I can only keep things in the inventory if I don't travel.
What do you expect to see? The items in my inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Items do not stay in inventory when I travel from home.

Message 9 of 122 (4,535 Views)

Re: Items Disappear from Inventory When Traveling

Hero
@igotszerochill Is this happening for a particular Sim only or generally for all of them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 122 (4,489 Views)