Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] [S] Flowers stuck in inventory

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Dine Out, Get Together
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Raise then harvest flowers?
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim harvests her flowers. When I go to drag them from her inventory into the flower arranging table, for some of the flowers I am only able to move part of the stack to the table. A varied number of flowers will not move from her inventory. I cannot drag them onto the live lot either. I asked her to place several of the BOP flowers 'in world', and now they are laying on the ground in front of their floral shop and I cannot drag them anywhere or tell her to do anything with them. BUT I can go to build mode and grab them and am able to drag them then to 'sell' (from build mode, not in the store/live game. She currently has some BOP, Dahlia, Chrysanthemum, Begonia and Tulip flowers in her personal inventory that are doing this.
What do you expect to see? I expect them to behave like the other/normal flower 'behavior'. I should be able to drag them from her inventory into the flower-arranging table (or into world, for that matter), and they should not be frozen up into her personal inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am attaching an in-game video, which is likely way to small and not helpful... 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 1 of 27 (8,181 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 selling glitch with an item

Hero
Archiving this thread with the new inventory update.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 27 of 27 (3,455 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can't add some flowers to flower arranging table

Champion

The message would not send withthe video attachment, then the message would not let me save an edit of not mentioning the video attachment... so... sorry for any confusion.

Message 2 of 27 (8,143 Views)

Hero
Is this the same save you have the refrigerator issue on ? If so, would be good to have it so I can test both things on your save without having to go through getting the flowers.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 27 (8,109 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@It's the same family where the refrigerator issue has occurred (not always but sometimes) both in the home and in the Retail Store. The retail store they own is The Botanical Bakery 3.0 which is in Windenburg. They live in the city in 'The New Salt House'  (revision of 'The Old Salt House') in San Myshuno. The lady with the frozen flowers is named Rebecca. Is there a pm area that I can give you a link if I upload a compressed file to my Google Drive?

Message 4 of 27 (8,090 Views)

Hero
yes, that's fine. You can PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 27 (8,086 Views)

Champion

@  Just sent the PM. Thanks!! 

Message 6 of 27 (8,076 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Can't add some flowers to flower arranging table

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I am having this issue as well but on PC not Mac. The only difference in expansions is I do not have Cat & Dogs and Dine Out but I do have Get to Work and Laundry Day Stuff.

I noticed that the stack of flowers will not move as a group so I opened up the stack and found a small portion that would not move. My sim placed the glitched ones into the world and then the rest of the stack can be moved again. The glitched flowers are currently sitting on the ground and can be hovered over to get info but can not be interacted with unless you go into buy mode and sell them.

Message 7 of 27 (8,046 Views)

Hero
I don't think this has anything to do with the flower arrangement table. They are simply stuck.

@Lady_Paks: do you also have tons of items in your inventory ?

Only solution I can think of is to move everything else to someone elses inventory and then use the cheat inventory.purge. This will delete all stuck items.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 27 (7,996 Views)

Champion

@crinrict - Thank you for the tip. I will try this to clear out her inventory for my sim as well. Thank you for all of your assistance and time!!

Message 9 of 27 (7,971 Views)

Champion

@crinrict wrote:
I don't think this has anything to do with the flower arrangement table. They are simply stuck.

@Lady_Paks: do you also have tons of items in your inventory ?

Only solution I can think of is to move everything else to someone elses inventory and then use the cheat inventory.purge. This will delete all stuck items.

@crinrict ...If I use that cheat will it purge all inventory in the household and other household members' inventory? Some have valuable inventory items that I would not want to lose the value of by just purging them, or other things that I would not like to purge (desire to keep). Also, it wouldn't purge the store's or flower table's inventory if I am at the store, right?

Message 10 of 27 (7,962 Views)