Re: Sims 4 selling glitch with an item

by Sigzy05

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm having problems with flowers too. It might relate to the flower bunny, since my sim caught  some flowers that he left on the floor and for some reason she couldn't sell them or drag them from the inventory to anywhere. I tried placing them on the floor, genius me I forgot I wasn't inside the lot boundaries and now they are stuck on he floor and I can't do anything to delete them.

Message 21 of 27 (1,112 Views)

Champion

@Sigzy05 The following sometimes helps get a stuck item that's just outside your boundary inside your boundary:

Item stuck outside lot boundaries…

Make sure your active sim is on their lot (several squares inside the boundary line) and do the following:

1. Enter Ctrl + Shift + C to open the cheats panel
  2. Type cheat "testingcheats true" and hit enter. You should get a message that testing cheats are enabled.
  3. Hold down Shift and left-click on the stuck flower
  4. Select "Set As Head"
  5. Hold down Shift and left-click on your active sim (the stuck flower will become the sim's head)
  6. Select "Reset Object (debug)". Now the stuck flower should appear next to the sim on the lot.
    (The flower may be enlarged. If it is, select the flower and press the left bracket key to make it smaller until it's the correct size.)

SheriGR Coffee cup I don’t work for EA

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 22 of 27 (1,092 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

That was the first thing I tried actually! The set as head won't move the flowers away to her head, it just duplicates the 3d model into her head. The flowers will still stay on the ground no matter what. Directly shift clicking the flowers on the ground won't do anything either, they are truly stuck. I'll try to set fire to them with a spellcaster or something, see if it works.

Message 23 of 27 (1,075 Views)

Hero
@Sigzy05 Only way to delete off-grounds items is currently a mod (delete Object)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 27 (1,072 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you! If nothing else works I may have to use that.

Message 25 of 27 (1,070 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

12-28-19_1-01-49 PM.png

Switched households to one of the spellcaster families....it's been taken care off. 

Message 26 of 27 (1,036 Views)

Hero
Archiving this thread with the new inventory update.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 27 (3,453 Views)