Re: Change lot type sulani

by Diartch

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] Residential lot becomes unchangeable rental lot (special venue)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy escape, Eco lifestyle, Discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, realm of magic, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vamires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, tiney living, moschino, laundry day, toddler, fitness, bowling night, vintage glamour, backyard, kids room, movie hangout, spooky, cool kitchen, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? when u try to change lot type in sulani tangled flat lot
What happens when the bug occurs? tangled flat lot in sulani it says that its a residential but when you go into build mode it says rental granite falls and when i try to change it wont let me it shows disabled for special venues
What do you expect to see? o be able to change the lot type. Even when i bulldoze the lot it wont let me change it or when i place a lot from the gallery it wont let me change it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 15 (6,017 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero
@Alexia415 Try this workaround: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2021/03/residential-lot-changes-into-rental-lot/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 15 (5,998 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Alexia415 Try this workaround: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2021/03/residential-lot-changes-into-rental-lot/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (5,999 Views)

Game thinks sims house is a rental

★★★ Newbie

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Spa Day, Vampires, Luxury Party, Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I moved my household into a lot that was a rental previously and now the game still thinks it is a rental, but in manage households, it shows that the family live there. By moving a household into a real lot to live.
What happens when the bug occurs? Lot still shows as a rental in manage worlds despite family living there. When I click the lot to play it doesn't have a play button to start playing the household there. When I enter build mode on the lot to see if there is a problem with the lot traits i can fix, the game will visit the lot but glitches and won't enter build mode.
What do you expect to see? The play button to play household on the lot and for it to then be playable. And when I enter build mode from manage world for me to be able to enter build mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 3 of 15 (5,974 Views)

Re: Game thinks sims house is a rental

Hero
@scarletmeerkat What do you mean by glitches ? What happens when you enter build mode.

Sounds a bit like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Residential-lot-becomes-unchangeable-rental-lot/td-... but that lets you enter build mode with no issues

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (5,942 Views)

Hero
@scarletmeerkat Have you been able to solve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 15 (5,909 Views)

Household unplayable?

★★ Novice

So I downloaded the newest patch/update (May 29th, 2021 - PST) and it has currently broken my main save. I'm wondering if there's not other issues with the location I chose for my sims, the household and save being named "Yume no Hana" as I did share the household to the gallery since I thought it would be interesting to have three occult sister sims living in Mt. Komorebi, because when I downloaded Dine Out it outright refused to let me buy anything in the Buy Mode. My friend told me how iffy the pack was but that it would be fun and I'm still currently having that issue despite having reinstalled the whole game except for Dine Out and then downloading it but disabling it thanks to James Turners' website.

But I'm going off script, that's another issue for another day. All I know is that when I booted up the game last night (current date as of writing this message being May 30th, 2021) I found out about this bug but had to do something else for a couple hours so I was unable to properly try to figure out what was wrong.. I have yet to see if my other save is affected as well but here's a poorly captured picture of it that I posted from my phone onto Discord when I let my friends know about the issue. As stated before, I do have a household of three sims living in that one place but I changed the lot from a Rental to Residential.. So this really confuses me and I'm worried that I'd have to reinstall the game again..

If the image doesn't load then copy and paste this link.

(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/790812255977472021/848440129042513951/20210529_225738.jpg)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/790812255977472021/848440129042513951/20210529_225738.jpg

Message 6 of 15 (5,909 Views)

Re: Household unplayable?

Hero
@TigerLily964 Could you try this workaround: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2021/03/residential-lot-changes-into-rental-lot/ ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 15 (5,894 Views)

Converting the Rental lots into Residential causes a bug in the Lot

★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Español
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the packs, with the exception of Romantic Gardens, My First Pet, Moschino, Tiny Houses, and all Kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Converting a Lot into a Rental Lot, and then transforming it into a Residential Lot Then place a Sim on the lot to play on it, go out to the world map and access the build mode from there
What happens when the bug occurs? The Build Mode does not open, and it goes to live mode, the Sim disappears, and the interface has visual problems, even accessing the build mode from there, Lot's type goes to Rental Type If the build mode is accessed multiple times the music overlaps
What do you expect to see? Poder acceder al modo construir desde el mapa del mundo en el Solar El Solar tenga el tipo Residencial como originalmente yo coloqué y no de tipo de alquiler La interfaz se muestre bien Don't let the music overlap
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Tried it without Mods
After restoring the game's personal folder
In a clean start of the game
After Repair

The Bug keeps happening

Message 8 of 15 (5,898 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you! That solution has worked for me
Message 9 of 15 (5,780 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had the exact same problem. My screen eventually went black but there was a flashing bar at the top that had “textField”

Message 10 of 15 (5,765 Views)