[WORKAROUND] Reflections show backwards in mirrors (Radeon RX 6000 Series)

by Sillyville14

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Reflections show backwards in mirrors (Radeon RX 6000 Series)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

EA PLEASE contact AMD and tell them about this serious graphic issue, the community has widely reported now and AMD is not listening.  We need you to reach out and flex some muscle to get their attention please.

As for us the community, please keep sending AMD bug reports about this via your AMD software (it a little bug icon on the right top).  We need to get AMD attention.

For a game as big as the Sims 4 and for such a serious graphical bug, I can't believe its not being addressed after nearly 2 y ears.

ALSO this bug effects PREVIOUS Sims titles as well, whatever the graphical issue is - its present in Sims 3 too which is built on completely different code than Sims 4.  Once again showing it has something to do on a driver level with reflecting surfaces in general.

Message 51 of 166 (1,038 Views)

Mirror reflects outside of the building

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Perfect Patio Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff, Paranormal Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place mirror anywhere inside the house and look at the reflection.
What happens when the bug occurs? Instead of reflecting the inside of the room, the reflection in the mirror shows outside wall/roof and anything on it.
What do you expect to see? Reflection of the room where mirror is placed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

As you can see on screenshots, there's nothing inside the room, but mirror reflects the corner and outside view of the window of the other room (as shown in the next screenshot). On the other angle, mirror reflects edge of the building and the roof.

Message 52 of 166 (1,081 Views)

Re: Mirror reflects outside of the building

★★★★★ Newbie

Other examples - mirror reflects wreath and the yellow wall, that are outside, exactly behind the mirror, but it's not reflecting the toilet in front of it. See attachments.

Message 53 of 166 (1,077 Views)

Hero
@nibindante Do you have an AMD graphics card: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Reflections-show-backwards-in-mirrors-AMD-Card/td-p/10125588 ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 166 (992 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@crinrict omg, yes! Unfortunate that there is no solution for this, but thank you for the link! At least I know where I stand.
Message 55 of 166 (973 Views)

Hero
@nibindante I merged your thread then.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 56 of 166 (959 Views)

Miror bug

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage living, Discover university, Island Living, Get famous, cats and dogs, seasons, city living, get to work, get together, Dream home decorator, Relm of magick, Jungel adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, knifty knitting, tini living, Moschino, my first pet stuff, laundry day, fitness, kids room, romantic garden, movie hangout, spooky, holiday celebration pack, grims golich gitarr, bust the dust.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at a mirror in-game
What happens when the bug occurs? The mirror show stuff like the roof of the building. Instead of the actual reflection
What do you expect to see? The actual reflection of stuff.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It's only visual but still annoying.

Message 57 of 166 (890 Views)

Re: Miror bug

Hero
@PocketVally What's your graphics card ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 58 of 166 (864 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Hello, I have an AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT. Hope it helps
Message 59 of 166 (855 Views)

Hero
@PocketVally Merged your post with the existing thread on this then.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 60 of 166 (810 Views)