[FIXED] Reflections show backwards in mirrors (Radeon RX 6000 Series)

by Sillyville14

Original Post

Mirror reflection inverted

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? place a mirror in world
What happens when the bug occurs? everytime. 100%
What do you expect to see? a functioning mirror.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi, my mirror reflection are inverted. it reflect the things behind it and not the one in front of it. i've tried to install only the base game and every expansion-kit-pack one by one for testing but it appear even on base game (documents folder deleted). Please help. it really frustrating.

Message 21 of 180 (3,044 Views)

Re: Mirror reflection inverted

Hero
@AndreaVassalli what's your graphics card ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 180 (3,032 Views)

★ Novice

5900x

32gb 

6900xt

On SSD M2 

Message 23 of 180 (3,025 Views)

Hero
@AndreaVassalli Merging your post with the master thread then. Looks like that's one of the affected cards.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 180 (2,997 Views)

Mirrors have problem on AMD Radeon 6800 XT graphic card

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? none
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? mirror + AMD Radeon 6800 XT graphic card.
What happens when the bug occurs? mirrors show the other side of the wall
What do you expect to see? when someone looks int the mirror they see themselves (in case it was not obvious already lol!)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. change my graphic card to AMD Radeon 6800 XT

Can you please fix this bug?
is there a work around? compatibility mode or turn of Graphic card feature or something?

Edit;

I once have a problem in Cities Skylines render issues and changing directX to older version fixed it. maybe we can do the same for The Sims 4?

I just don't know how to do it. In Cities skylines it was a command line option.

EDIT2:
Did a bit of further digging, each game has its own DirectX. changing directX in Cities Skylines is merely used by developers to debug their code.

Message 25 of 180 (2,968 Views)

Re: Mirrors have problem on AMD Radeon 6800 XT graphic card

★★ Novice
@pride_golden my directX is 12 but the Sims 4 requires 9,10,11
I need to find a way to change directX
Message 26 of 180 (2,913 Views)

Re: Reflections show backwards in mirrors (Radeon RX 6800 XT)

★ Novice

I have the same Issue. But I guess this is not a thing EA needs to fix. As Portals in Portal2 have the same Issue. Which is wierd as they are not direkt mirror surfaces.

Message 27 of 180 (2,848 Views)

Mirrors Are No Longer Reflecting Rooms

★ Apprentice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? PC: 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every single pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a mirror on the wall in a room or placed down on the floor.
What happens when the bug occurs? When mirrors are placed down they no longer reflect the room but instead they reflect the other side of the wall.
What do you expect to see? I place a mirror opposite a sink but instead of it reflecting the sink, it will show the other side of the wall the mirror is attached to, or if I place a mirror on a wall with no wallpaper, it will show the yellow wallpaper on the other side.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have had this bug for a while and after removing all my Mods and CC to accommodate the latest patch, it's still there. Essentially mirrors in my game no longer reflect rooms they are placed in and instead only reflect wall it's attached to on the other side.

Example: I have a mirror in a bedroom, instead of it reflecting the bedroom, it's reflecting the wallpaper on the hallway outside of the room.

Message 28 of 180 (2,828 Views)

Re: Mirrors Are No Longer Reflecting Rooms

Hero
@RipleyGamer Do you have an AMD graphics card ? Which one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 180 (2,818 Views)

Re: Mirrors Are No Longer Reflecting Rooms

★ Apprentice

I have an AMD Radeon RX 6800, five months old.

Message 30 of 180 (2,815 Views)