Re: [WORKAROUND] Reflections show backwards in mirrors (Radeon RX 6000 Series)

by manzana0807

Original Post

★★ Pro
@skyemuu I play other games (engrossed in Elder Scrolls Online at the moment), so I'm just trying to wait it out. And I was actually told not to use it, by someone I asked about it, so just trying to be patient. It's still upsetting though.
Message 161 of 180 (839 Views)

★ Guide
@manzana0807 understandable, elder scrolls online is also what ive been playing a good chunk of the break ive taken from sims 4 which lasted well over a year but i decided to come back to the game because of werewolves. a shame they cant just fix it already
Message 162 of 180 (827 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Pro
@skyemuu I know! It's very frustrating. I feel like AMD owners are a small minority and therefore not as important. I've seen this in other games too. I feel like I'm on a break from Sims 4 more than I play though, b/c of one bug or another.
Message 163 of 180 (809 Views)

★ Novice

I have the Radeon RX 6800 XT and have this issue. I've hit the me too button on the first page. 
I wish this issue could be fixed as I hate placing mirrors in my builds now and the main thing I do in the game is build. 

Message 164 of 180 (707 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@SimmerHayls Thank you! I also avoid to place / use mirrors in my game because it is so frustrating when reflections don‘t work properly. 
There is a German proverb which says, „hope is the last to die“.

Message 165 of 180 (699 Views)

★★ Pro
@animus_belli I only put mirrors now above bathroom sinks and there's some furniture and decorative items I don't use, b/c they have mirrored surfaces. I try so hard not to be angry and frustrated, but seeing so many people post screenshots with working mirrors (including the recent High School pack trailer) while this bug exists drives me crazy.
Message 166 of 180 (674 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello everybody, I recommend to you all to send a message directly to Asus. I did in Febrary and they told me they were trying to find a solution but they don't know how long this will take. If they keep receiving complains for the same problem maybe they will try harder to fix it.

Message 167 of 180 (628 Views)

★★ Pro
@SpaceMeduza Do you mean AMD? If so, one of the earlier comments in this thread says that AMD considers the Sims 4 a legacy title, meaning it's not their problem to fix.

Another game I used to play (Fallout 76) has a variation on this problem with reflections and complaints to AMD have done nothing and in that case, Bethesda has even stopped acknowledging the problem, even though it's been proven it was caused by changes they made in the game's lighting system back in April of 2020.
Message 168 of 180 (602 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also have this issue i just got the RX 6600 but im not 100% sure it was present before the Video card was changed out. its the base 6600 not the xt or what ever

Message 169 of 180 (539 Views)

★ Apprentice

An issue I have discovered to be caused by this workaround is that it almost completely disables the paint mode for pets and werewolves. You have to take out the d3d9 for it to work again.

Message 170 of 180 (454 Views)