Re: Mirrors reflection glitch

by manzana0807

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you. It is AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT .

Message 151 of 180 (597 Views)

Hero
@psychoellaa Yup, that would be one of the affected cards. There's some suggestions in this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 152 of 180 (595 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@psychoellaa  Please hit the Me Too button on the first post! Thank you Standard smile

Message 153 of 180 (571 Views)

★★ Pro
@psychoellaa Be aware that the workaround in this thread has caused issues for some people and please do hit "Me Too" on the first post.
Message 154 of 180 (561 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

No worries - all done Large smile

Message 155 of 180 (514 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Reflections show backwards in mirrors (Radeon RX 6000 Series)

★ Guide

does anyone have the issue of not being able to tab out with this workaround? i have to play the game in windowed mode because pressing the windows button doesnt take me away from the game but i would really prefer not to 

Message 156 of 180 (421 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@skyemuu this issue has already been reported in some previous posts. As this turnaround is not an official solution, it is not working properly… therefore, it is not really recommended to use it. 

Message 157 of 180 (414 Views)

★ Guide
@animus_belli i was the one talking about it before, ive not seen anyone else mention it which is why i came back to ask about it because no one else ive talked to whos tried this fix has reported having the same issue as meFrown
Message 158 of 180 (409 Views)

★★ Pro
@skyemuu The thing is it's anecdotal that it "fixes" the problem in this thread. I'm not totally clear on its original purpose, but for whatever reason someone found it did. No idea why they knew about it or tried it in the first place. As for me, the game crashed immediately on startup when I tried it. I just hope Maxis fixes this sooner rather than later, b/c it's upsetting to spend so much on upgrades to run up against this.
Message 159 of 180 (398 Views)

★ Guide
@manzana0807 not saying that you should try it again but on a youtube thread i saw someone who had the same problem as you went back and tried an older version and their game worked with that but yeah it does seem a bit unstable or unpredictable when people have random issues. im just not sure if i can play without reflections, at least not in sulani since it messes up the whole world, but i guess i have to decide between reflections or windowed fullscreen
Message 160 of 180 (388 Views)