Re: [WORKAROUND] Reflections show backwards in mirrors (Radeon RX 6000 Series)

by skyemuu

Original Post

Re: Mirrors acting like windows

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Khora1 The game\bin folder is in your installation folder. Usually Programs(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4 unless you changed that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 131 of 180 (1,027 Views)

Re: Mirrors acting like windows

★★★ Novice

I put the .dll file into the bin folder for the sims 4 and now the game will not open and advice?

Message 132 of 180 (986 Views)

★★★★ Novice

THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS! I just bought rx 6600 and tried to play sims 4 on it and discovered this! I downloaded DXVK to fix it, but it's not a perfect fix for it as the performance dipped a lot! I really hope that EA would fix this fast, since it's a widespread issue.

'

Message 133 of 180 (898 Views)

★★ Pro
@babyara I know. I couldn't even play my game with it, because it crashed on the initial loading screen.

I was excited to come back to Sims 4 after taking a long break and tried to ignore the problem, but this isn't the first time there's been an AMD only problem that was not fixed for months, so I'm just not playing or buying packs till it's fixed.
Message 134 of 180 (880 Views)

★★ Novice

Has anyone been able to download the fix for the graphics and reshade? One of the filenames for reshade are the same name as the fix suggested, I believe it's like d3d9.dll or something? 

Message 135 of 180 (772 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm using the DX9 workaround but now all of my screenshots have graphical issues and I haven't seen anyone mention this - removed the file from the Bin and screenshots were normal so it's definitely being caused by this. Anyone know of a way to fix? I hate having to choose between screenshots or mirrors Frown

Message 136 of 180 (752 Views)

★★ Pro
@zman197 That's horrible! And this just goes to prove this is more of a hack than a true workaround. I couldn't even load my game with it installed.
Message 137 of 180 (733 Views)

★ Guide

thought i could deal with this issue until i realized it also affects oceans/water and sulani looked disgusting. i installed the workaround fix and it did what its supposed to BUT i can no longer tab out of the game. is there any fix for this?

Message 138 of 180 (523 Views)

★★ Pro
@skyemuu No ETA on a real fix (because the one here isn't a fix at all, but a third-party hack that's problematic), so we just have to wait and hope for the best.

If you didn't already: please hit the Me Too button on the first post, so the team realizes this is a serious problem for us!
Message 139 of 180 (507 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. Currently have a AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT

Message 140 of 180 (413 Views)