Re: Mirrors acting like windows

by SimQARobo

Original Post

★★ Pro

@SimQARobo or @SimGuruNick this bug has been around for a year now, and I was wondering if someone can at least let us know the team is aware? The affected cards are all supported cards, but it doesn't feel like it since every mirrored object is broken.

I'm not comfortable using the workaround and I spent a lot of money on my new PC only to find out too late about this problem.

Message 121 of 180 (1,067 Views)

EA Sims Team

@manzana0807 

We're aware, yes.  Apologies for the inconvenience thus far.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 122 of 180 (1,031 Views)

★★ Pro
@SimQARobo Thank you so much for responding! I hated to tag anyone, but this was really starting to bother me and switching to a different graphics card isn't in my budget after spending so much already.
Message 123 of 180 (1,014 Views)

Re: Mirror Not Reflecting Properly

Hero
@brittlovebug99 I merged your post with the current report on this. Please let me know if you don't have one of the affected AMD cards.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 124 of 180 (983 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Reflections show backwards in mirrors (Radeon RX 6000 Series)

★★★ Novice

Was anyone able to make tutorial video on how to install this. I have the file but I can not find the .dll that im suppose to transfer over. 

Message 125 of 180 (823 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@manzana0807

I completely understand how you feel and I see EA responded, however I'd definitely keep the community solution in the back of your pocket.

Why?

Because EA/Maxis team needs to completely update the Sims 4 to a new directx (so DX9 to DX12?) and a lot of developers have had serious issues transitioning games from one directX to another because of how differently they render games.  Its why we often see games re-released as "remasters" because they are using new DirectX methods to render games with visual improvements that take a LOT of work to update a games engine to use the new directX.

Honestly doubt with the Sims 5 likely scheduled next year, they will bother.  The best we can hope for is a patch re-writing how mirrors are rendered/function using a current DX9 method that new AMD cards STILL understand (as new AMD cards do not understand many older dx9 methods).  Its why AMD states that newer cards do not fully support all DX9 games, which you can blame AMD for more than anybody honestly, Ndvidia cards dont have this backwards compatibility issue.

The biggest issue is Maxis needs a reason to spend resources/aka money, time and QA on updating to a new directX beyond a small handful of AMD card owners...

I HOPE they do, I sincerely do...but its very unlikely in the games life cycle. They can barely get new game play to function because the Sims 4 engine is so old now.

Message 126 of 180 (763 Views)

★★★ Novice

Can you please make video on how you did this! I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what file to put where. If anyone fixed this issue please do a youtube video. I dont even care if if looksl ike you took it on windows 95. 

Message 127 of 180 (733 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Download here https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases the tar.gz file, extract the d3d9.dll file found in the x64 folder into the Sims 4\Game\Bin folder.

If you use ReShade, it probably won‘t work.

Message 128 of 180 (724 Views)

★★★ Novice

I sent you a pm but I'm still having a hard time figuring out exactly what to do. I'm not seeing the things you guys are talking about. 

Message 129 of 180 (657 Views)

★★ Novice

Is this for PC or Mac? On PC, this folder does not exist.  Please elaborate for those who are not understanding any of this.

Message 130 of 180 (606 Views)