Re: [OPEN] Reflections show backwards in mirrors (Radeon RX 6000 Series)

by Mattynubis

Original Post

Re: Mirror Bug

Hero
@WolvesCreek Has anyone contacted AMD ? Someone said they had it on another game as well so it might be something AMD would need to address this with a new driver.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 180 (1,927 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have twice, they didn't reply to the first one but they DID to the second email I sent where they stated that it sounds like a software issue that must be addressed by the developer as AMD team deals with compatibility, stability and performance improvements with their drivers.  Graphical issues like this specifically are considered a bug that needs to be fixed by the developer on a coding level they said, which they cannot do directly (although I still wonder if they could do it indirectly) and told me to reach out the the developer (which obvious we've done).

This will become a larger issue * more people buy next generation AMD gpu's, so hopefully as it becomes more widespread somebody will fix it...

Message 42 of 180 (1,921 Views)

Hero
@WolvesCreek Probably one of these 'ping-pong' issues ..AMD needs to fix this .. no EA does .. it's an AMD problem .. but EA needs to fix it :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 180 (1,906 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

SO I loaded up the Sims 3 today and guess what!  Mirrors are ALSO bugged in that game the same way.  So now I'm thinking this IS an AMD issue since the Sims 3 and The Sims 4 are coded in different languages correct? 

I'm actually wondering now what OTHER games this bug effects but I literally can't think of any games that have mirrors in them I play a lot lol...

Obviously it would be awesome if EA fixed this but now it sounds like we need to all be contacting AMD.  Especially if we want it fixed for past games like Sims 3.

Message 44 of 180 (1,869 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@Sillyville14 I just got my own 6800 XT last week and I too have this problem, which did not exist when I was on a GTX 1060.
Message 45 of 180 (1,796 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I play the game now with no reflection because it really bothers me massively. 

Do anyone think that we only need a driver update or if this just need a fix in the game?

I'd appreaciate if someone know. 

My regards Standard smile

Message 46 of 180 (1,749 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I just built a new rig and started having this issue with a 6700 xt card. Seems it's been like this for a while now so have there been any updates like at all? Seems like this issue is just being ignored at the moment which is wierd for a 5 month old bug.

Message 47 of 180 (1,691 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Sillyville14 This is happening to me too!!! I do sims content for tiktok and twitch and it’s not a great look
Message 48 of 180 (1,500 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I got an AMD Radeon 6600 XT and got the exact same issue. Mirrors reflect completely backwards. In every sense. Tried contacting AMD as well to make them more aware of the issue. My previous GPU was an Nvidia GTX 1060 and I never had such an issue. This is also a completely new PC though, so... yeah. Very disappointing to spend so much money on a new PC and, most importantly, on a GPU (on this market) and not get the quality I payed for. 

Message 49 of 180 (1,379 Views)

★★★ Novice

Happy to see i'm not the only one facing this issue, just sent a message to AMD too !

Message 50 of 180 (1,277 Views)