Mirror Bug

by MakersXMark

Original Post

Re: Mirrors Are No Longer Reflecting Rooms

Hero
@RipleyGamer I merged your post with the master on this then

Seems to be some kind of driver issues that will probably need to be fixed by AMD.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 180 (1,972 Views)

Re: Mirrors have problem on AMD Radeon 6800 XT graphic card

★★ Novice

Any update on this?
Are the guys in EA even aware of this?
do they know what is causing it?

Some feedback would be nice so that we know we are not talking to the wall!

Message 32 of 180 (1,950 Views)
Highlighted

Mirror Bug

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, StrangerVille, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, First Pet Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, & Vintage Glamour Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Any mirror when loading in a game/lot with mirrors
What happens when the bug occurs? The mirrors render a different part of the home instead of a reflection of whatever is in front of a mirror.
What do you expect to see? Whatever is in front of a mirror. Reflections
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello,

i'm currently seeing mirrors not reflecting what is in front of the mirror. Looks like it renders an image that is part of something else on the lot. 1st troubleshoot method disable/deleted  all mods/scripts, repair game, delete the sims folder in the my documents to let the game create fresh files, then launched the game. Bug persist with mirrors. 2nd Troubleshoot method: Same as first method except with fresh reinstall of everything relating to the sims4. Mirrors still do not reflect correctly.     

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bxpTvTlvOfmmKDf3gAFzjJrJPdGhXq4J/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SCuLZMEVr_7BzUA-8WkfpPG2LFjjXQC9/view

Message 33 of 180 (2,024 Views)

Re: Mirror Bug

Hero
@MakersXMark Do you have an AMD graphics card ? If so, which one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 180 (2,002 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict Yes I do. 6800xt 

Message 35 of 180 (1,989 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Oh god - i was scared i am the only one ! 

I have the same issue !

Message 36 of 180 (1,980 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict 

My graphicscard: AMD RX6700xt 

Message 37 of 180 (1,978 Views)

★★ Novice
@Yukikiku ahhh I thought I was too! maybe its just a bug for the AMD 6000 series? Because I installed the game on my macbook 2017(Radeon 560) and the game runs fine and also show reflections.
Message 38 of 180 (1,939 Views)

Hero
@MakersXMark Merging your post with the main thread then

Please make sure to click me too on the first post.

It looks like a driver issue for the AMD 6000 series (not sure if all cards are affected or only certain ones)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 180 (1,915 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This indeed effects only new generation AMD cards and from reports I've seen effects ALL new AMD cards with the new architecture.  So basically if you buy any of the new generation AMD graphics card - you will have this problem and now its been months - nobody has addressed it yet.  I don't understand why.

This should be considered a major bug and as more computers upgrade in the future with new video cards, its going to effect MORE people. Its not like some random bug either, it effects ALL mirrors 100% of the time for anybody that owns a next generation AMD gpu.

Message 40 of 180 (1,823 Views)