Re: Reflections show backwards in mirrors (Radeon RX 6800 XT)

by WolvesCreek

Original Post

Re: Reflections show backwards in mirrors (AMD Card)

★★★ Apprentice

Yep that 21.2.2  is my Adrenaline version. I installed those drivers you said. And result stays same.

Message 11 of 180 (3,087 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Sillyville14 : Dang. Frown Must be a problem with that particular card, since wntrprin also has it in this topic.

Message 12 of 180 (3,078 Views)

★ Novice

Hey,

I'm having the same issue where my mirrors reflect what's in back of them.. I have an AMD RX6800 as well and my drivers and AMD software is up to date

Message 13 of 180 (3,062 Views)

★★ Novice

My driver version is 27.20.14535.3005, which is as up to date as it can be for my graphics card. DxDiag is attached.

Message 14 of 180 (3,046 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem with my RX 6800 XT, mirrors are showing what is on their back instead of reflecting what is in front of it. Had no problems with my old RTX 2070.

Message 15 of 180 (2,990 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

bug6800.pngI have a 6800XT and I'm also having this issue - to make sure it IS the card I took it out and replaced it with my old AMD 580 RX and the mirrors functioned properly again.  Put the 6800XT back in and problem returned.

I don't know if this is a Maxis problem that needs to be fixed or a AMD to be honest though.

But yes this bug definitely effects AMD 6800XT cards.

I suggest also reporting this bug to AMD since its so specific to this card.  I don't know if it effects all the bigNavi cards (6900 and 6700) but I'm betting it does since its all using the same hardware architecture.

Message 16 of 180 (2,897 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Just to add to my last post, I just installed the NEW AMD 21.3.2 drivers released a day ago (I was using the drivers previous to that when I made the above post) and the problem persists with the new drivers too.

I've also done a bug report with the official AMD software to report the problem (and again, suggest other owners of 6800's do the same please so AMD becomes more aware of it too.  The bug report tool can be found in radeon  software/catalyst or whatever they call it now).  This problem is wide spread with all "big navi" AMD cards and easily replicated as it effects all mirrors 100% of the time.

Message 17 of 180 (2,856 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have RX 6800 and I have the same problem. Mirrors relfect everything backwards (reflection is from the wall behind). I updated the drivers yesterday to version 24.4.1 and the problem still exists. 

Message 18 of 180 (2,744 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just confirming, i have the same problem with my 6900xt card. Sent a bug report

Message 19 of 180 (2,554 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Is this bug ever going to be fixed? Its been MONTHS now, its confirmed by multiple owners of Radeon RX 6800 series and hasn't even been acknowledge but EA/Maxis.

I literally had to remove ALL the mirrors from my game.  Its so stupid, please don't leave this bug for years to be fixed!

Message 20 of 180 (2,394 Views)