Re: Age away and Alien Aura won't craft.

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Game falsely thinks all ingredients for potion are prese

Hero
@Valnatron Upload to google or onedrive and PM me the link

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 32 (976 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Game falsely thinks all ingredients for potion are prese

[ Edited ]
Hero

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

I tested your save and couldn't actually test it through cause I couldn't find a morcubus on your lot but I could have overlooked.

I did get the game to no longer see the diamond as present though. I didn't test if it works if you get all the ingredients after doing so.

Try the following steps:

1. Backup your save
  2. Move everything in the inventory to a different Sim (you might want to turn of edge scrolling if you have that on. It's quite a bit to move)
  3. There's three items you can't move: Glimmerstone, a splice and earbuds
  4. Save your game under a new name so you don't have to do it again if anything goes wrong
  5. Make sure the spellcaster is selected and type: Inventory.purge in the cheat bar. This will get rid of everything in your inventory, incl. the invisible diamond
  6. Travel to the magic realm via portal (your glimmerstone will be gone)
  7. Request a new glimmerstone from any sage (for me it only worked on the second sage so if it doesn't appear, just ask a different one)
  8. (Re-buy your earbuds)

can't say if it now works if you get all the ingredients but I hope so.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 32 (2,455 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks, crinrict!  I'll give it a try and let you know if the spell works (stuck at home for the next week or two, so I have tons of time to test).

Message 23 of 32 (911 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict wrote:

Try the following steps:

1. Backup your save
  2. Move everything in the inventory to a different Sim (you might want to turn of edge scrolling if you have that on. It's quite a bit to move)
  3. There's three items you can't move: Glimmerstone, a splice and earbuds
  4. Save your game under a new name so you don't have to do it again if anything goes wrong
  5. Make sure the spellcaster is selected and type: Inventory.purge in the cheat bar. This will get rid of everything in your inventory, incl. the invisible diamond
  6. Travel to the magic realm via portal (your glimmerstone will be gone)
  7. Request a new glimmerstone from any sage (for me it only worked on the second sage so if it doesn't appear, just ask a different one)
  8. Re-buy your earbuds

I encountered this problem for the first time yesterday. Purging the inventory did indeed work. 

Message 24 of 32 (871 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Good new!  I was able to purge the inventory!

Bad news.  I have not been able to find the ingredients for the Potion of Immortality so I don't know if it fixed the issue.  As I am stuck at home for the next few weeks, I'll try to find them and let you know if I can brew the potion.

Message 25 of 32 (831 Views)

Hero
@Valnatron Yeah, that was kinda why I didn't test further as well :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 32 (811 Views)

Age away and Alien Aura won't craft.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Island living, jungle adventure, outdoor retreat and holiday stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? While having all the necessary material in my inventory, I click on The chemistry table and select make serum
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot craft the Age away serum or the Alien Aura serum anymore. I could previously craft these two serums and can still craft all the other serums. When I select either of those two, however, nothing happens afterwards, no action occurs at all. I've tried it at home and at work and restarted the game.
What do you expect to see? The action to pop up in the que and be applied.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

creating age away or alien aura serum does not produce any action even with all the required ingredients.  I have previously created one age away serum and several alien aura serums.  The age away serum just left my sim feeling uncomfortable and didn't reduce his age.  I cloned the age away and drank a few more with the same result, now I cannot craft any more.

Message 27 of 32 (947 Views)

Hero
@Killision There's an issue with certain ingredients showing as present when they're not.

Could you check your inventory if you really have all the ingredients in there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 32 (903 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

That's the Scientist career, right? I only have a level 6 scientist right now but maybe someone with a level 10 scientist could check to see if they have the same problem.

Message 29 of 32 (881 Views)

Hero
@Killision Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 32 (830 Views)