Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Game falsely thinks all ingredients for potion are prese

by Valnatron

Original Post

Re: Unable to compose potion of rejuvenation

Hero
@AvePlumosa I personally didn't have any issues with making potions.

Did you test a fresh save if it happens there as well ? Are you on console or PC/Mac ? Are you using any mods/cc

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 32 (862 Views)

Rejuvenation potions

★★ Novice

After I bought Discover University my spellcaster sim can’t create Rejuvenation Potions anymore despite having the ingredients. All other potions work though. No mods or custom content. Have tried new cauldrons and even in Magic HQ. i can click on the action but it doesn’t even begin, nothing happens, no icon or anything.

Anyone know what to do?

Message 12 of 32 (894 Views)

Re: Rejuvenation potions

★★ Novice

I stand corrected. Appears as if the reason I couldn’t craft the potion was from lack of ingredients, yet the information on the potion said that I had all required items

Message 13 of 32 (885 Views)

Hero
@emarleene Did you ever have the ingredient at one point ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 32 (854 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Yes, I have crafted the potion before so I've been in possession of the ingredients, but apparently I ran out of Alabaster without the cauldron noticing that it wasn't available. Once I bought some, the potion could be crafted.
Message 15 of 32 (844 Views)

Hero
@emarleene Merging your post with another thread on this issue. I do think there's a bug somewhere that the game thinks you have them all.

It could be related to loosing ingredients on travelling so not sure what the problem is but I think it's worth being looked into by QA.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 32 (840 Views)

Re: Unable to compose potion of rejuvenation

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict No I have never used mods. This is a rare bug.

I play on PC. Have all the packs, Never use mods. It had happened on different households. If it happens again I will save, and keep the save file.
Message 17 of 32 (784 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Game falsely thinks all ingredients for potion are prese

★★ Apprentice

I am also having this problem.  Before becoming a magic user, I tried to have my sim complete the mineral / gem collection.  For this reason, there IS a diamond on the lot but it is not in her inventory.  A diamond is needed to create the Potion of Immortality.  While Experimenting I received a notice that she had collected all the ingredients for the potion, but no matter how many times I tired, the "brew Potion of Immortality" would not appear in her queue.

I searched her inventory and found there was no diamond, though it had added the other needed items.  At first I thought the solution was to simply put the lot diamond in her inventory, but even when she had all 4 items needed, she could not brew the potion.  I tried deleting the old cauldron and buying a new one.  I tried emptying out my inventory so only the ingredients were there.  I tried using the Copypasto spell to create duplicates and sold the originals (thinking they were glitched) but nothing worked.

Someone posted on the Sims 4 forum that the Sim herself is now glitched because I must have saved or paused the game while she was brewing the potion the first time and now the game will never let her brew it.  The solution this player found was to have her sim lose her magical powers and start from the beginning again.  I do not have the patience to do that.  ;-)

Message 18 of 32 (740 Views)

Hero
@Valnatron Both saves I tested, it was possible to just get new ingredients and then it worked. Since that doesn't work for you, can you send me your save too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 32 (717 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Can do.  Where / how would you like me to upload the file?

Message 20 of 32 (692 Views)