Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] [ROM] Game falsely thinks all ingredients for potion are present

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 Limited Edition Sims 4 Deluxe Edition Sims 4 Magical Realm Sims 4 University
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I tried creating the potion twice and failed both times.
What happens when the bug occurs? I click the potion of rejuvenation and nothing happens. No animation of anything. It's as if I haven't clicked it. I tried making it in the magical realm too but same issue. I replaced the cauldron at home and nothing worked.
What do you expect to see? Nothing happens when I click the potion of rejuvenation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure what to do at this moment.

Message 2 of 32 (1,922 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Game falsely thinks all ingredients for potion are prese

[ Edited ]
Hero

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

I tested your save and couldn't actually test it through cause I couldn't find a morcubus on your lot but I could have overlooked.

I did get the game to no longer see the diamond as present though. I didn't test if it works if you get all the ingredients after doing so.

Try the following steps:

1. Backup your save
  2. Move everything in the inventory to a different Sim (you might want to turn of edge scrolling if you have that on. It's quite a bit to move)
  3. There's three items you can't move: Glimmerstone, a splice and earbuds
  4. Save your game under a new name so you don't have to do it again if anything goes wrong
  5. Make sure the spellcaster is selected and type: Inventory.purge in the cheat bar. This will get rid of everything in your inventory, incl. the invisible diamond
  6. Travel to the magic realm via portal (your glimmerstone will be gone)
  7. Request a new glimmerstone from any sage (for me it only worked on the second sage so if it doesn't appear, just ask a different one)
  8. (Re-buy your earbuds)

can't say if it now works if you get all the ingredients but I hope so.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 22 of 32 (2,456 Views)

All Replies

Re: Rejuvenation potion realm of magic

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem with my Sims 4. I can't brew the potion of rejuvenation.

Message 1 of 32 (1,902 Views)

Re: Unable to compose potion of rejuvenation

★★★ Newbie

And now I can't brew the curse cleanse or practice the piano.

Message 3 of 32 (1,914 Views)

Hero

@jadorecafe 

moved your post over from the other thread. That was inconclusive.

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 32 (1,885 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict I messaged you the link to my one drive with the saves.
Message 5 of 32 (1,864 Views)

Hero
@jadorecafe The practice piano works fine for me once he's not tense anymore

For the potions, your game seems to think that the Sims has Alabaster and Citrine in your inventory when he doesn't.

I scrolled through like a 100 times but I can't see either.

Could you try adding both to your inventory and see if it works then ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 32 (1,856 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict I don't know where to find Citrine. It's not in the shops in the magic realm and I'm not sure how to dig for crystals. I've been looking all over the internet about digging but haven't found any walk-throughs. I'll try again.
Message 7 of 32 (1,849 Views)

Hero
@jadorecafe It's mostly in rocks around towns

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/collections/crystals.php

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 32 (1,843 Views)

Hero
@jadorecafe Did you ever have either Citrine or alabaster in your inventory ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 32 (1,800 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict
1) The problems happens when having the necesary ingredients.
2) The problem can happen with any potion.
3) When it had happened to me, I had clicked on the cauldron to make the potion. Then shifted to another Sim to play with him, then I realised that the first sim wheren't doing the potion. When trying to make the first sims to do the potion anyway, I realised that it was imposible to do that potion, but all the other potion recipes worked fine.
Message 10 of 32 (1,786 Views)