Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Game assigned broom and cant make him stop using it

by Dglbr1969

Original Post

Hero
@Dglbr1969 I didn't check on that.

I'll check tomorrow. Seems odd that it should be related to that hidden trait.

That was the only trait you removed, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 23 (953 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yeah @ Crinrict, that was the only cheat I typed in, as soon as I went to check his spellbook and saw that I got out of it without saving that's why I thought I'd better check with you when I typed it, just in case I did something wrong?

Message 12 of 23 (942 Views)

Hero
@Dglbr1969 Seems to work fine for me.

Could you try again and if it happens again, post a pic of what you're perks look like ?

Did you play on since the save you sent me ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 23 (936 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

OK, it's working now @crinrict, I must have borked something last time, Thanks Again!!!! Your'e a saviour Standard smile

Message 14 of 23 (929 Views)

Hero
@Dglbr1969 Glad to hear that. Maybe some other important trait got removed as well for some weird reason

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 23 (926 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [ROM] Game assigned broom and cant make him stop using it

★★★★ Pro

I have this problem too. A lot of sims use brooms even if they don't have any broom in their inventory. This happens to played sims every time I play with another household (one of my files are large and I play rotationally, so it has happened to all households with spellcasters in them).

Message 16 of 23 (890 Views)

Former Spellcasters Using Brooms Still

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Become a spellcaster and then become normal again. Then tell your Sim to go to a certain distance they will not walk but fly.
What happens when the bug occurs? Normal Sims who were once Spellcasters now use a broom. You cannot stop it. There's nothing in their inventory. They have a broom of their own you cannot control.
What do you expect to see? A bloody fix to this annoying bug already!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Normal Sims who were once Spellcasters now use a broom. You cannot stop it. There's nothing in their inventory. They have a broom of their own you cannot control.

Message 17 of 23 (903 Views)

Re: Former Spellcasters Using Brooms Still

Hero
@John_Zonbi did you create the Sim or did he become a spellcaster by the game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 23 (897 Views)

★ Guide

They were normal Sims turned by my command with one of the teachers. Then I had one of the teachers turn me back to normal after getting bored of the mindless grind to just use potions and spells that alter emotions. Spellcasters are boring compared to Sims 2 and 3 Witches. Still waiting for my Witches Game Pack too, never wanted a wannabe Harry Potter pack. Blech!

Message 19 of 23 (892 Views)

Hero
@John_Zonbi And you don't play rotationally ?

There's this issue that sounds similar: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-ROM-Game-assigned-broom-and-cant-make-him-stop-usin... but I don't think the game assigns that to Sims you always play.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 23 (887 Views)