Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] [ROM] Game assigned broom and cant make him stop using it

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions, All Game Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I rotated to another sim to play and when I switched back to my other spellcaster the game had assigned him a broom (there was no broom in his inventory, I didn't buy him a broom). I tried to buy another broom, where I selected Always Use Brooms, that allowed me to then choose "Never use brooms" which I selected. He still uses the default broom the game gave him when I wasn't playing him and I cannot stop him using a broom.
What happens when the bug occurs? He uses the broom - when he's not supposed to
What do you expect to see? I expect that if I don't want him to use the broom - He wont use the broom!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have tried everything. Buying another broom, selecting "Never use brooms" keeping the broom in inventory, selling the broom, repairing my game. The game assigned him this broom obviously, and I cannot stop him from using it!

Message 1 of 23 (5,299 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Game assigned broom and cant make him stop using it

[ Edited ]
Hero

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

@Dglbr1969 Found the issue

It's caused by a hidden trait that doesn't get removed when you play the family (or actually shouldn't be applied to Sims in your household imho

Anyways, you can remove the trait with a cheat

traits.remove_trait trait_witchOccult_Broom_Walkby

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 23 (5,143 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Dglbr1969 I had something similar with a townie I brought into my household. Was also using an invisible brook he didn't have (like they do with umbrellas). I was able to get a new one and he uses that now.

Are you mainly concerned about the not being able to change or that he was assigned one in the first place ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 23 (5,226 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Well, I don't want him using the broom at all lol. I have given him a new broom, reassigned the new broom, unassigned the new broom deleted the new broom, but this old broom that the game gave him when I was playing another sim (he was dragged there by the game cause he is a spellcaster) when I was there here he was flying his broom. I thought ? What the? Anyway, didn't think anything of it I just thought it was the situational thing cause he wasn't wearing the clothes I gave him either. But then it came time to play him, and even though it's not showing in his inventory he still uses the broom everywhere.

I don't use mods, I cleared all caches, restarted and still the broom. I was having such fun, but I don't know what else to do now. 

Message 3 of 23 (5,212 Views)

Hero
@Dglbr1969 Would you mind sending me your save ? Just upload to onedrive or google drive and PM me the link

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 23 (5,209 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks @crinrict Just uploaded for you

Message 5 of 23 (5,169 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

@Dglbr1969 Found the issue

It's caused by a hidden trait that doesn't get removed when you play the family (or actually shouldn't be applied to Sims in your household imho

Anyways, you can remove the trait with a cheat

traits.remove_trait trait_witchOccult_Broom_Walkby

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 23 (5,144 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Oh WOW you are so awesome Crinrict!!! Thank you for saving my game!

You are truly such a wonderful asset to us Simmers, I don't know where we would be without you.

Standard smile

Message 7 of 23 (5,137 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you Thank you Thank you, just in case you don't see my post cause I forgot to @crinrict  !

I was just so excited, but please see my above post

You are awesome!!!

Message 8 of 23 (5,128 Views)

Hero
@Dglbr1969 <3

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 23 (5,112 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ummm @crinrict, just thought I would come and update you. When I did that cheat, was I supposed to do it in live mod cause for some reason, cause when I did it, it worked - no broom yay! but my spell perks were all gone - I mean not even the icons for the things to show you what you could get. I don't know whether I borked something, but yeah, just wondered whether it did that for you?

Rgds 

Dglbr1969

Message 10 of 23 (5,068 Views)