Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] Purple Flooring/Pink trees - Lighting Issue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get To Work, Get Together, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Cool Kitchen, Movie Hangout
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By looking at the floors in live mode or build mode. Check to see purple discoloration on any flooring.
What happens when the bug occurs? Floors have a very clear hue of purple regardless of their true color. Dark hardwood shines bright purple and white hardwood shines pale magenta.
What do you expect to see? Floors should be their true swatch color.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Happened after June 19th patch or Seasons.

Walls are unaffected by the glitch. I think this may be the result of the Season's update. I assured that I did not have any lighting mods installed before asking for help.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nso-iCOXKCre5buFpirwCI4Tv8GazwVrqIYY5KxygyI/edit?usp=sharing

Message 1 of 31 (8,065 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Purple Flooring - Lighting Issue

Hero
Do you have laptop mode on or off ? Can you try the other setting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 31 (9,298 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Do you have laptop mode on or off ? Can you try the other setting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 31 (9,299 Views)

★★★ Novice

When I turned laptop mode off, the floors lost their hue! Thank you! (I feel so stupid ahh!!)

Message 3 of 31 (7,940 Views)

Hero
Don't feel stupid. I don't think they should be purple in laptop mode. Might still be an issue that needs fixing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 31 (7,932 Views)

Purple tinted floors

★★ Novice

ever since the last update my floors are all tinted purple. i emptied my tray to start fresh and nothing has changed. i also removed all mods. anyone else having issue?

Message 5 of 31 (7,886 Views)

Re: Purple tinted floors

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @Siminista35 

You mention removing 'all mods' are they still out of your game? Try (if so) to 'repair game' via the little cog next to 'play' in Origin for Sims.

Also: 

Spoiler

Mods & cc are well known to cause various in-game issues please check for updates to them / where you found them; do this also > after any sims update or adding a game pack, SimsVIP also do a regular post for people who use cc; on which ones are broken or now updated; All on the one page too, and the best list. Also the EA Forums do a regular post for the broken cc.

I use 1000's of cc & mods, but keep them updated regularly, and set them up in different folders to sort when an issue arises such as Sims Game Update or adding a pack. (note, my game loads in a couple of minutes)

• Apart from culling your folders one by one, or the  50/50 method, to narrow down the broken cc or mod, that is all you can do, (restarting and checking your game each time) you'll simply need to find the broken mod/cc it and remove it.

I also use Sims 4 Studio for batch fixes it solves a lot of problems with cc in bulk (but not all.)

Let me know if you still have problems.

Hope this helps, Sasha 

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile

I have no connection to EA

Message 6 of 31 (7,877 Views)

Re: Purple tinted floors

Hero

Hi @Siminista35

I merged your post with current bug report on the issue

• Are you on Mac or PC ?
  • Are you using laptop mode as well ?

Tagging @Sashas0nic for awareness.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 31 (7,852 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Purple Flooring - Lighting Issue

@audghosts @Sashas0nic @Siminista35

Which Macs do you all have? Can you post the specs? Click on the Apple in the menu bar then About This Mac and post all the info, minus the serial number.

I am not experiencing this on my Mac in laptop mode. 

Mac specs.png

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 8 of 31 (7,777 Views)

Pink trees in autumn in sims 4 seasons

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: all, SP: all except Parenthood, SP: backyard stuff, vintage glamour, laundry day, movie hangout stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to willow creek in the sims 4 seasons and set the season to autumn. (laptop-mode needs to be enabled)
What happens when the bug occurs? The leaves on the trees turn pink.
What do you expect to see? Orange or brown leaves.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The bug only occurs when laptop mode is enabled. The bug also only happens when it's autumn.

Message 9 of 31 (7,746 Views)

Re: Pink trees in autumn in sims 4 seasons

Hero

Hi @Moracer2001

merged your post with the purple flooring. Probably same issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 31 (7,724 Views)