Re: No new breed name

by WolfKylaa

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
@PoptartJuniper Happened to me too, I just kept clicking randomize until it finally labeled “mixed breed”
Message 21 of 61 (2,735 Views)

Unable to edit sims with mixed dog breeds in the household

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.40
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, My first pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a household and breed two dogs of different breeds (mine come from a stray husky and Australian cattle dog, the strays are Mateo and justice), then make one of your sims go into create a sim, change the outfit. You then will be taken to one of the mixed dogs and be forced to cancel out of CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you try to save your sim's new outfit it takes you to one of the mixed dogs with the "enter breed name" label above the traits highlighted in red and you weren't able to click on it, highlight it, or type on it.
What do you expect to see? I'd like to be able to save my sim's new outfits without having to get rid of the mixed breed dogs in order to do so.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't have any screenshots but other people might!

Message 22 of 61 (2,728 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@WolfKylaa I will try that thank you thank you!
Message 23 of 61 (2,679 Views)

On-screen keyboard won’t appear when I try to enter the breed name of my dog

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? 1.42
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, Parenthood, Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim either “Plan Outfit” or “Change Sim” with a mirror or dresser. Once in CAS, go ahead and click “Done”. A prompt that says “Complete all the required fields” will appear, and a red triangle appears next to the “Enter Breed Name” box.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I go to save and exit from CAS, it prompts me to fill out the breed name of my dog, which I had moved into my house after asking a Sim to move in with me. However, no in-game keyboard appears. Nothing happens when I click ‘X’ on the “Enter Breed Name” box. I’m forced to cancel and not save my changes; it’s the only way I can get out of it.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to have an on-screen keyboard appear, allowing me to type in the breed name and save my changes without issue.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I’ve tried it all, even restarting the game and the console to no avail. No keyboard pops up for me to type in a breed name. I can’t edit any of my Sims because of it and it’s rather frustrating.

Message 24 of 61 (2,655 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [PS4/XB1] [CD] Can't enter dog breed name

★★★ Newbie

I had this issue when trying to change my toddlers outfits. 

If you go onto the new pet and click the randomise dice it should select mixed breed for you. This worked for me and I hope it does for you too!

Claire

Message 25 of 61 (2,600 Views)

Cannot save sims' new outfits due to pet breed error

★★ Novice

Platform:PlayStation 5
What is your current game version number? 1.48
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living, cats & dogs, bowling night, tiny living, get famous, seasons, jungle adventure, parenthood, spooky, dine out, vintage glamour, vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In a household with pets, click on mirror or dresser to Plan Outfits, attempt to change clothing the sim is wearing. Hit the check button to save the outfit- you will not be able to save the outfits due to an error that populates.
What happens when the bug occurs? Instead of saving the sims' outfits and returning to the gameplay, the outfits screen will transition to closest pet in the family lineup, and will display an error saying that you need to enter information into the empty field. The empty field is the pet breed. I have experienced this issue with both cats and dogs having no breed information filled out (for every pet in the household), but I also cannot type anything into the field, and so I am unable to save any of my household's outfit changes (because it is forcing me to complete the breed information).
What do you expect to see? I don't recall seeing the pet breed information field before, so if this is new, I expect to be able to fill it out myself, to have the game automatically populate that information (preferred) or for it not to be required for pets for me to save my sims' or pets' outfits. My changes should save and I should return to gameplay.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

no additional information

Message 26 of 61 (2,578 Views)

Re: Cannot save sims' new outfits due to pet breed error

Hero (Retired)

@bleepbloopblop00 I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

You'll need to randomize something on the pet, the clothes usually, to make the pet a mixed breed so you can save in the CAS.

Message 27 of 61 (2,564 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hey, is anyone else still having this problem or found a fix? I had two mixed breed kittens, one is fine but one says I have to enter the breed when in CAS but the keyboard won’t appear so I can’t change my sims clothes. 

Am going to create a separate save and delete the kitten but am a little frustrated about this. 

im on Xbox one

Message 28 of 61 (2,497 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@vamphound221 You'll need to randomize something on the pet, the clothes usually, to make the pet a mixed breed so you can save in the CAS.
Message 29 of 61 (2,495 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks - does this work if it’s a kitten? I was clicking and it didn’t give me an option for clothes? Would ageing up the pet help?

Message 30 of 61 (2,493 Views)