[FIXED] Open staircase cause routing failures

by Maysbat

Original Post

Sims 4 new patch November 2020

★★★ Newbie

Using PS4 I just did the new patch update and now my sims can’t go upstairs. I’m using a house from the gallery so not my own creation. Never had any problems before. The stairs are Z shaped I thought the plant may be the problem in the corner but no. A sim was already upstairs and she stayed. But my other two now won’t go up there for anything. I tried restarting them but nothing. Even tried restarting the game and it did nothing. Does someone have a solution? 

Message 51 of 500 (4,958 Views)

Re: Sims 4 new patch November 2020

Hero
@magicspyro Merged your post with the bug report. Could you check if the workaround helps you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 500 (4,953 Views)

Re: November 10th update

★★★ Apprentice

Good morning,

Yes, my issue is as the others. The only difference is the child can maneveur throughout the entire house without fail. I have 4 floors in this house and from the sounds of it, this will not be an easy fix. 

Message 53 of 500 (4,951 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SailorSquad05 I've merged your post into the bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

See the checkmarked post for a workaround.

Message 54 of 500 (4,949 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Also the workaround doesn't work in all cases, I've found with some stair situations it works fine whilst others it doesn't.

This shouldn't be marked as a solved issue because it isn't fixed and is still very much a problem that needs to be fixed in an actual patch

Message 55 of 500 (4,925 Views)

Re: Sim can't walk upstairs after latest patch - 11/10/2020

[ Edited ]
Champion

@liehnn  Yay!👏✨⭐ I'm so glad!! Thank you for letting me know! 😊

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 56 of 500 (4,874 Views)

Thought bubble with 2 feet and red exclamation point

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, My First Pet Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By trying to send a Sim upstairs or into another room. it happens mostly when you try to send a Sim upstairs
What happens when the bug occurs? The Though bubble with the 2 feet pops up but now it has a red exclamation point as well. The Sim will not go he will waive his hands and the thought bubble pops up like they are obstructed.
What do you expect to see? My Sims to be able to go where I send them if there is a door to get there.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started after the update on 11/10.

So after the update on 11/10, I will try to send my Sim to do something and they will walk into a room but when they get to the door. the thought bubble with the 2 feet pops up but now it has an exclamation point and my Sim will not go. It happens mostly when I send them to the 2nd floor to do something. they will not even go up the stairs. Has anyone else had this happen and how do I fix it? I tried to add a picture of this but I am not sure if it is viewable.

Message 57 of 500 (4,923 Views)

Sims wont go upstairs after new update

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

So, after downloading the new update for the sims 4, my sims will no longer go up the stairs, the action is just cancelled with a new icon over their head showing footprints and a red cross, but in a different design than the normal icon. 

I have searched and seen that other have had the same problem previously. 

I don't get it, because some places the problem was the new staircase tools, but my staircase was a downloaded creation and it worked perfectly up until I installed the new update. 

I do play with mods, but I turned them of and restarted my game - same thing, then I moved the entire MODS folder to my desk and restarted the game - same thing. I have also done repairs on the game and nothing works. 
I really hope someone can help me fix this. 

Cheers

Message 58 of 500 (4,863 Views)

Can’t go upstairs in Judith Ward’s house Sims 4

★★ Novice

Moved into Judith Ward’s house and my sims can’t go upstairs. I tried to remove the floor upstairs and it still doesn’t work. Can anyone help? 

Message 59 of 500 (4,862 Views)

Sims can't go upstairs after new update

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? none
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims cannot go upstairs
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims cannot go upstairs
What do you expect to see? Sims can go upstairs
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sims cannot go upstairs

Message 60 of 500 (4,891 Views)