[FIXED] Open staircase cause routing failures

by Maysbat

Original Post

November 10th update

★★★ Apprentice

I just got the prompt to update the Sims 4 on my XBox. I was really excited about the update until afterwards.  My household   bedrooms are on the second floor.  The adults are not able to go to their bedroom or any room on the second and third floor.  The only person in the  house that is able to go upstairs is the child.  Before this update,  I was not experiencing this issue. Can this be fixed? 

Message 31 of 500 (10,204 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Open staircase cause routing failures

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@JuliaChang93 This fixed my stairs, too! Thank you so much!!!!Standard smile

Message 32 of 500 (10,411 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for posting this topic, hoping someone at EA can step in to help out with this. 

I face the exact same problem - previously open staircase worked for me. But after the update, my sims can no longer head up the stairs even though i tried to replace the stairs. It annoys me because i have a house and a store that's built that way. 

Slightly related: I received a notice that said "8 or more items have been removed" after this update, which I found really weird. I don't even know what items were removed. EA, please look into this!

Message 33 of 500 (10,435 Views)

Re: Sim can't walk upstairs after latest patch - 11/10/2020

★★★ Novice

This happened to me too.

The stair worked just fine before the update but now it is not usable at all.

I tried to remove everything around it but it just doesn't work at all.

I tested it without any CC/Mods with new save file but it still didn't work.

If anyone wants to test it, it is White Springs on my gallary.

Message 34 of 500 (10,189 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@JuliaChang93 Your solution works for me! You saved my life!!
It also works for rooms attached to outer walls.
Message 35 of 500 (10,384 Views)

Bug with L shaped stairs

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By using L shaped stairs with a medium wall height
What happens when the bug occurs? Kid and Adult sims cannot access the stairs, only toddlers are able to use them.
What do you expect to see? Before the 11/10/20 update, the stairs worked fine. The floor is knocked out and there are two stories of clearance for the sims to access the stairs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the 11/10/20 patch

It is my belief that the new platforms are causing this to happen with the stairs. I think the game is reading the platform that is attached to the stairs as only toddler height. even though the floor is knocked out and there is plenty of space for the older sims to move around.

Message 36 of 500 (10,030 Views)

Re: Open staircase doesn't work

★ Novice

Toddlers can use stairs, but as adult sims can't carry them down ladders, the adult sims keep trying to help the toddlers and then have the routing issue. I'll have to move my sims into a bungalow until this is fixed Frown

Message 37 of 500 (10,368 Views)

Sims unable to use interior stairs after install of November 10, 2020 update

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27.3.2300 (this was before the update)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Backyard Stuff, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Spa Day, Laundry Day Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Parenthood, Get to Work, Strangerville, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Dine Out, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, City Living, Island Living, Fitness Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff Pack, Eco Lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Download a lot from the Gallery, which includes interior stairs. Attempt to have a sim climb stairs.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims cannot climb stairs. It appears the platforming portion of the update has broken many lots that have interior stairs. I attempted to use a couple more lots I had downloaded from the Gallery in the past, but those which have interior stairs are now unusable.
What do you expect to see? I'd like to see the sims be able to climb the stairs, as they could, before I installed the update.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 10, 2020 update.

Earlier tonight, I downloaded the latest update. After installing it, I loaded a saved game, in which I was using a lot I had downloaded from the Gallery 6+ months ago. This specific lot has interior stairs in it (2 story building). Soon after starting the game, I attempted to get several sims to climb the stairs up to bedrooms. The sims were unable to use the stairs. I know the update included something referred to as platforming. Before this update, the sims were able to use stairs normally. It now seems many lots I have downloaded from the Gallery have been broken, due to this platforming update.

Message 38 of 500 (10,287 Views)

Re: Sims unable to use interior stairs after install of November 10, 2020 update

★★★★ Pro
@TheSolidRequiem Look some threads down to Open stairs cause routing issues. There is a simple workaround.
Message 39 of 500 (10,281 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @BadKittybj when posting on the English AHQ forums we would ask that you please post in English.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 40 of 500 (10,332 Views)