[FIXED] Open staircase cause routing failures

by Maysbat

Original Post

Re: Staircase in open landing doesn't work

★ Guide

I know!  I was shocked they've not even attempted it.  That's two patches the problem has missed now

Message 341 of 500 (1,627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Can this PLEASE not be marked as solved? It is still an active issue that needs fixing, the workaround may help but builds that are built into the game are physically unusable because of this issue.

For example, the Nightclub that comes with Get Together does not function because of this issue. That is paid content that is broken, it needs a proper fix, people shouldn't have to use a work around long term to make paid content function. Please put this on the list of bugs that need a fix.

Message 342 of 500 (1,624 Views)

Hero
@Onverser The solved is used as a way to highlight a post. It's not telling EA that it's solved. It's common practice at AHQ and you will see it done in every single game forum here.

It's the only way AHQ has to make a post visible.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 343 of 500 (1,616 Views)

★ Apprentice

But there are lots of perfectly visible posts about ongoing issues that aren't marked "Solved". There's a bug report further down, for instance, about Sims stopping their writing in order to read instead; that's not marked anything at all, and it's not the only one. Aside from being a collation of a lot of similar issues, how is this post different from that one?

Or do you mean something different when you say "visible"?

(By "marked Solved" I mean that the title on my browser tab says "Solved: [name of issue]". I've seen other issues where the browser tab title says "Open: [name of issue]", which seems more like what ought to be going on here. And, as noted, there are issues where the browser tab title doesn't have any label attached at all.)

Message 344 of 500 (1,572 Views)

Hero
@Xinqun does that have 34 pages you need to go through to check if there's a workaround for the issue ?

What I mean is that the post that marked as solved is shown visibly as the second post of this thread which lets people find a way to at least temporarily play.

It's a lot of work to always mark workaround posts so it's not always done.

AHQ shows solved in the tab for solved threads, that's cause the software doesn't take into account that it's used for making posts visible.

Don't want to further derail this thread so please post here if you have other questions about how the bug forum works: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Information-Questions-about-the-bug-forum/td-p/636...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 345 of 500 (1,567 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Open staircase cause routing failures

Community Manager (retired)

Hey everyone, I just wanted to acknowledge that our team has seen this same issue and it's being investigated. Thanks so much for all the reports and info, it's incredibly appreciated. I can't give any promises on when this will be fixed, but we know about it and we're working on it, thanks Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 346 of 500 (1,543 Views)

★ Guide
@SimGuruNick That's a relief, because it's seriously impacting my enjoyment. Thank you for confirming it's being looked at.
Message 347 of 500 (1,474 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Yeah, the default Dine Out restaurant and some stuff I got off the gallery have this issue. I heard in a LetsPlay (James Turner) that this happened when platforms were introduced.  I don't know if that's true or not but he certainly builds more than I do!  Wink

I usually groan, go into bb.enablefreebuild, delete the wall//fence that crosses the stairs, create another wall/fence that stops at the stairs, delete any reappearing floor/ceiling tiles, and hit save.  I don't know if that's the BEST way, since I don't consider myself a builder, but it works. 

Message 348 of 500 (1,435 Views)

★ Apprentice
@SimGuruNick Thank you for at least acknowledging this, despite having a specific day/time when this will be fixed. Even that much is appreciated rather than just being completely ignored.
Message 349 of 500 (1,360 Views)

Factory One/ Partihaus House Bugged

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW, CL, GT, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires, Seasons, Island Living, Snowy Escape, Bowling, Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Edit or play the property.
What happens when the bug occurs? No sims can go upstairs.
What do you expect to see? Sims able to go upstairs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Propterty is bugged. No one, sims living or the lot nor visiting sims can go upstairs at all. In live mode everything looks fine. In build mode, everything looks fine until you delete the stairs, then you see railing that is otherwise invisible. Pics attached.

Removed mods, cleared caceh, etc. New game with new sim on latest vanilla map. Yeah, i know Partihaus house. House house made me laugh haus/ home didn't. Not enough coffee.

If there's a complitation thread for borked buildings, I couldn't find it. I'm gettting tired of fixing premade buildings that either have technical issues or environment losses in rich sim's houses.

Workaround is to delete the oringal stairs, delete the railing that suddenly becomes visible, and then replace the stairs. i did not use the same staris, out of Sims buggy superstition/ weirdness feelings. Standard smile

Message 350 of 500 (1,256 Views)