by nualla_6109

Original Post

Re: My sims cant go up stairs

★★★ Novice

Why does EA destroy everything?

Message 181 of 500 (2,076 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Open staircase cause routing failures

★★ Pro
@IngeJones Wasn't lumping, honest. Was just trying to help someone troubleshoot a problem he seemed to be having with weird shadows, and workaround not working.

The underside of the floor in my builds does show as ceiling. You have to be in a big enough room and put it in walls-up mode. and then you can see it if you tilt the camera up.

In any case, the invisible railing at top of stairs is a "by design" graphical glitch, to allow you to create a "fence enclosure" stairwell, and delete floor there to create open to below area. Or, it was, prior to 11/10 patch when it got broken.
Message 182 of 500 (2,059 Views)

Re: My sims cant go up stairs

★★ Pro
@Jeromes09 They were afraid we'd get bored.
Message 183 of 500 (2,057 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? German
How often does the bug occur? Every time since the last update
What is your current game version number?  1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? every pack except Eco Living, Journey to Batuu, Knitting, Snowy Escape, Moschino, and some other stuff packs

How can we find the bug ourselves? Steps: Create a 2 floor building and use stairs. Then go to the 2nd floor and create an opening that also includes the stairs by deleting the floor using fences. So basically build a stair that is inside an atrium/gallery. Sims are not going to be able to use the stairs.What happens when the bug occurs? Sims isn't able to go upstairs if there is a room without floor above the stairs.
What do you expect to see? I just want to see my sims move between floors so that most of my builts don't end up useless.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. today's update (November 17, 2020)

Sims cannot use the stairs at all, they are stuck on one level, like it is mentioned above. This also happens if you moved down the floor for the 2nd floor to the ground and used stairs to connect it to the ground. However I've also noticed that children are able to use the stairs unlike the teenagers or adult sims, so I suppose the bug is related to the platform update. If it doesn't get fixed, the building part of the game will receive a huge blow and most of my existing buildings are gonna become unusable.

Message 184 of 500 (2,036 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Having the same issue with stairs. Not going to edit a bunch of houses and buildings to work around it at this point. This update has just been terrible all around.

I have many of the expansion, game and stuff packs already, but won't be buying anything more (including the new expansion). I'll likely play in offline mode going forward once they fix this (assuming they do).

Message 185 of 500 (2,025 Views)

Sims won't walk up configurated stairs

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Eco Lifestyle, discover university, island living, get famous, cats and dogs, city living, get together, and get to work Game packs: realm of magic, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine out, and spa day Stuff packs: tiny living, Moschino, my first pet, laundry day, toddler, fitness, bowling night, vintage glamour, backyard, romantic garden, movie hangout, spooky, cool kitchen, perfect patio, and luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to have a sim walk up or down the stairs that are not going in one direction (L-shaped, U-shaped, or T-shaped stairs) on a residential lot inside the residence.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims won't walk up configurated stairs that are inside their house. They will walk up the L-shaped stairs to get inside their home but when trying to get them to go to different levels inside the home they will not walk up any configurated stairs.
What do you expect to see? My sim should walk up any configurated stairs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch update on November 10th 2020 for Snowy Escape.

Sims will not walk up configurated stairs they only walk up straight, one-direction stairs.

Message 186 of 500 (1,985 Views)

Re: Sims won't walk up configurated stairs

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@nyam99By any chance are the configurated stairs in the builds you are playing enclosed in a stairwell room with "fence" enclosure surrounding them? Generally, if the "fence" extends across top of stairs so that the stairwell is a "room" from the game's perspective, full-grown sims will not be able to use it, although, from some reports, pets, kids and toddlers still can.

The workaround is to control-delete that "invisible fence" across top of stairs and then sledgehammer the gray floor tiles that appear.

The workaround is not perfect because deleting the gray floor tiles also deletes the ceiling above, and, if the stairwell "room" is adjoining an outer wall, it will make the game consider that wall not part of a room and you get weird exterior light effects.

Message 187 of 500 (1,949 Views)

Re: Sims won't walk up configurated stairs

★ Guide

The Chez Llama pre-built restaurant is not working for me as well. Sims will not use the stairs. Unfortunate since this is a fun restaurant to have in one of your neighborhoods. Seems the November patch has broken a lot of things. 

Message 188 of 500 (1,926 Views)

Re: Problems with Stairs

★★★ Novice
@Kathykins my games sims 4, the stairs after i changed, reset my sims, and the results the sims can't use the stairs. How to fix it to sims up or down to stairs?
Message 189 of 500 (1,860 Views)

Re: Problems with Stairs

★★★ Novice

my Sims 4, the stairs after i changed, reset my sims, and the results the sims can't go down or up to the stairs. How to fix it to sims up or down to stairs? 11-20-20_10-50-05 PM.png

Message 190 of 500 (1,859 Views)