Re: My sims cant go up stairs

by Maysbat

Original Post

@Maysbat   In this case, the lack of ceilings is not a mistake. The game is designed in such a way that when you remove a fragment of the floor - a fragment of the ceiling above it is also removed.

I think it would be nice if you could mark the proposed solution back. This will make it easier for other players to fix their homes until the game developers fix the bug.

Regards Standard smile

-----------------------------------------------------------

Nie pracuję ani nie mam żadnych powiązań z EA. Jestem wolontariuszem i staram się pomagać graczom w naprawie ich gry zgodnie z moją najlepszą wiedzą i nie ponoszę odpowiedzialności za szkody wyrządzone twojemu komputerowi/grze.

Jeżeli moje wskazówki okazały się pomocne, nie zapomnij przyznać XP! Kliknij "Zaakceptuj rozwiązanie" jeżeli post pomógł Ci uporać się z problemem.
Dziękuję!
Message 151 of 500 (3,148 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Open staircase cause routing failures

★★★★ Novice

The author's ID in Gallery is Origin ID: ArchiSim7

Here is the house:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRjPyKQzKNg

Message 152 of 500 (3,144 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Razoriko Oh, I'm sorry, this is not the same house that was mentioned before but this house is problematic too.
Message 153 of 500 (3,143 Views)

Champion

@Razoriko I tested in that house also and it can be fixed via the method I mentioned several times in this thread. Good luck!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 154 of 500 (3,136 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrictI decided to create a list of all of workarounds for this issue to higlight them bacause in this way all of them will be in one spot:

#1 Delete fence in one spot. Then delete gray tiles that show up. Then add fence again. Note: this fix causing delating ceiling because open space is no longer a room but your sims will be able to use stairs so put on top of it another room to create ceiling.

#2 Add floor on open space. The most simple solutions. Note: gray tiles will be visible but your sims can use stairs.

#3 Add ladder next to the stairs. Note: toddlers, cats and dogs won't use it.

#4 Enable testingcheats true and teleport your sims when you need to. Note: you will have to teleport then in both ways so it might be annoying.

#5 Delate fence in one spot and leave it that way. Note: it won't look safety but sims cannot fall down (in this cause).

#6 Add fence (from Strangerville, Get Famous or Spa Day - they're the lowest) around open space and then delate floor. Note: fence will be visible but sims will be able to use stairs.

If I miss any of workaround let me know.

#7 @DeanXeL made this really helpfull video where you can find easy solution for our problem. So check out it! https://youtu.be/FowpM-3Gdnc

Thank you @DeanXeL for it. To be honest I stopped bulding house with openstaircaise and now I can make them again. Standard smile

Message 155 of 500 (57,676 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@KEW0701 Awesome! Glad to help.
Message 156 of 500 (3,069 Views)

Re: November 10th update

★★ Novice

I too have this problem. My sims route fail everytime they try to use the stairs and I see this icon 

also playing with no mods and this never has happened until this patch. 

Message 157 of 500 (3,062 Views)

★★ Novice
@Maysbat Also thank you for the workarounds! Super helpful!
Message 158 of 500 (3,058 Views)

Hero
@Maysbat THank you. Perfect

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 159 of 500 (3,072 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Maysbat You asked if there were any other workarounds... I have added a re-creating the area option and video demonstration for several of the lots mentioned in the thread. It fixed the issue in each of the open stairway areas that I tested.
See workaround point #1 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 160 of 500 (3,030 Views)