Re: [WORKAROUND] Open staircase cause routing failures

by KEW0701

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I haven't gone through all of the comments here, so I don't know if this has been posted already, but it appears to happen when you remove the ceiling of the room that contains the stairs (or the floor from the room above)  As another workaround, as you can see in the attachment, I added fence on the floor above to create a new room, and turned the 2nd level floor back on.  It's not exactly pretty, but it works.

Message 141 of 500 (1,274 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@stjmk😂 Yup, par for the course. The 'Hokey-Pokey' is required on a regular basis when you want something not available 'out of the box'. Ummm ... like an opening around your stairway. 😉

I'm so used to this fact it's ridiculous, but that's how I learn things, challenge myself, and create things I want. And sometimes it's how I break things. 😬

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 142 of 500 (1,247 Views)

Re: Sims Can't Use Stairs

★★★★★ Newbie
@NeekoAkito I am having the same issue too it’s getting annoying I hope ea can fix this in the next update
Message 143 of 500 (1,238 Views)

My sims cant go up stairs

★★★ Apprentice

So today i just moved my sim into a new house but when I tried to make my sims go upstairs, She wont go up and this icon comes on her head (the png) Does anyone know whats causing this?

Message 144 of 500 (1,206 Views)

Re: My sims cant go up stairs

[ Edited ]
Hero

@PinkiPlayz101 I merged your post with the master thread on this

@Maysbat Is the workaround that you had accepted as solution no longer working for you ? Noticed it's no longer the solution

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 145 of 500 (1,198 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict It's kind of working for me but it's not working for all of players and someone suggested it shouldn't be accepted as solution. And still it's not the best workaround because of missing ceiling and other issues.
Message 146 of 500 (1,160 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SailorSquad05 Yes, that worked!! It’s not the way I want the house but it’s an easy workaround until the issue gets fixed. Thank you so much for the suggestion! I’ve included a photo of what it looked like before I removed the railing (when it wouldn’t work), and a photo of my exhausted butler heading to bed on the 2nd floor after I removed the railing. Thanks again!! :-) 

Message 147 of 500 (1,125 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SheriGR Thank you so much for the offer. Fortunately, I was able to temporarily fix the issue by removing the glass railing that was on the stairs as another player suggested. It reconfigured that area and filled in the floor, eliminating my 2 story foyer, but it was an easy workaround until the issue gets fixed. At least my house is functional again!! Thanks again for the offer to help, much appreciated! :-) 

Message 148 of 500 (1,125 Views)

Hero
@Maysbat If there isn't a better one currently and is kinda working it might still be better to have it highlighted somehow

I mean it's still a bug going on but no one will find workarounds if they're not marked as solution (doesn't make the thread not a bug)

Maybe you could add it as possible solution that's kinda working to your OP though.

Like c/p the solution and link/give credit to the user posting it. Maybe there's other posts that could be highlighted liek that

As it's a build issue, I'm personally no use for this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 149 of 500 (1,253 Views)

★ Guide

Upon reading other comments I decided to go back into Build Mode and I put the railing back, hammered the floor to recreate my two story foyer and put the house back the way it was. I went back into Live Mode and tested it and the stairs work! So my house is back to the way it was before and with functioning stairs. I was lucky and none of it ever messed up my roof. Just in case that info might help someone else. :-) 

Message 150 of 500 (1,238 Views)