Re: Sims won't climb stairs after 11/10/20 update

by Adipup

Original Post

Sims Wont Go Upstairs

★★ Novice

I am super stressed out, I cannot get my sims to go upstairs!!! This new update has messed me up. I have tried to repair my game. Ive restarted. Removed all my mods! what can I do now? 

Message 81 of 500 (5,642 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Open staircase cause routing failures

★★ Pro
@TheSolidRequiem Found three builds with that name, and it looks like, from what I can see in the thumbnails, that, in all three, the staircase well is internal, i.e., doesn't adjoin any outside walls, in which case, the workaround should work for you. But they also don't have a third story, in which case the ceiling above the stairs might go blooey. So be prepared to undo or try adding ceiling above and see if it works.
Message 82 of 500 (5,735 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@TheSolidRequiem I'm a bit confused. I worked on one person's lot and found a 'solution' that worked for me - and for them. Their pose was merged into this one apparently. I'm still looking for it. I see that you mentioned having an issue with a lot that is a variation of 'English Simmer Asylum'... can you give a link that is associated with this lot you're having an issue with, as I find 5 different variations that come up for this term when I search, and all but one of them are associated with the user 'Aloluss'. I'm happy to troubleshoot the lot if I can get the correct lot/link for it to test: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sor...

Edit: I did find one of these homes with the issue (the most recent upload of 'English Simmer Asylum') and made a video of applying the method I use to make stairs with openings and then the Sim could climb the stairs. Please reference comment #82.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 83 of 500 (5,727 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Open staircase cause routing failures

★ Novice

I found a workaround until they fix it. Add the floor back in, put a fence just around the open area at the top of the stairs (the fence from get to work is almost invisible) then remove the rest of the floor. The sims should be able to go up and down the stairs now. It’s not the best fix, but at least you’ll have access to your builds. 

Message 84 of 500 (5,747 Views)

Sims won't go upstairs since update?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Since the update, and marrying two of my sims and moving them into one household, my sims can't go upstairs? I've tried moving them into a new house, removing custom content, repairing the game and remove cache files and its made no difference; Help?!

Message 85 of 500 (5,633 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@TheSolidRequiem I used this version of "English Simmer Asylum" in order to troubleshoot routing the stairway. I used a different method of re-creating the open stairway, and the Sim was able to route the stairs in the new version. Please watch this video if you would like to give the workaround a try. Hope it helps! 

Video: https://youtu.be/nDJBMsHHh4s

Edit | Note: If you use the sledgehammer to delete the floor the two times to make and re-make the open stairway and you find the ceiling has been deleted over the area, you can re-build it by creating a room the size of the opening in the floor above, then delete the walls and ceiling of that room. (Thus leaving the floor, which also becomes the ceiling of the area below, as done in this video:  https://youtu.be/YctI60okBeE )

Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 8.57.33 PM.jpg

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 86 of 500 (5,730 Views)

Re: Sims Wont Go Upstairs

Champion

See JuliaChang93's solution here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Open-staircase-cause-routing-failures/td-p/9716427/...

"Firstly, those stairs look like in the picture called 001. Then i just deleted one of the fences as i it is shown illuminated in the picture 002. After deleting it, some grey tiles appeared in the empty area; then i also deleted all those grey tiles (picture 003). My problem solved."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 87 of 500 (5,634 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SheriGR Thanks. This is an awful bug. Why did they break all sim pathing that involves overlapping exit/entrance? It's not just stairs that are affected.
Message 88 of 500 (5,720 Views)

Sims wont go down stairs

★ Novice

My sims wont walk down stairs. 

there's nothing in the way, i have no mods or cc installed, i added a platform to the outside of the upper level on the opposite wall but I don't think that's a problem. The stairs are placed correctly its green and i don't have bb.moveobjects cheat on. I tried moving the stairs and using different sets of stairs they just wont go down them! I just repaired the game to with no luck. This is only happening in the one household. Any ideas anybody??

Message 89 of 500 (5,624 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Can confirm that this also affects EA builds with open stairs (like Judith Ward's house in Del Sol Valley). I don't want to have to do the workaround for everything in my game, so I hope they fix this soon.

Message 90 of 500 (5,652 Views)