Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Open staircase cause routing failures

by Maysbat

Original Post

Re: Sim can't walk upstairs after latest patch - 11/10/2020

[ Edited ]
Champion

@liehnn I have downloaded your house and tested it in my game. I could confirm that the Sim could not use the stairs in the screenshot, and I tried various alterations and the Sim still would not use the stairs. So... I re-made the stairs via the method I normally use to make an open stairwell. The Sim could then use the stairs in my game. Please view this video to see the tests and the way I re-made the stairs & opening. I hope it helps in your game also: https://youtu.be/yrYmT5AMSu0
Note: Please enable MOO before you begin so you can move and turn the stairway in the room more easily like I show. 

Edit | Note: If you use the sledgehammer to delete the floor the two times to make and re-make the open stairway and you find the ceiling has been deleted over the area, you can re-build it by creating a room the size of the opening in the floor above, then delete the walls and ceiling of that room. (Thus leaving the floor, which also becomes the ceiling of the area below, as done in this video:  https://youtu.be/YctI60okBeE )

@astat720 - Tagging you just in case this is your issue also? ]

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 41 of 500 (3,496 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Enex04 I also had a notification about 8 items missing so it’s really weird. But if you can check out if JuliaChang93’s solution works for you.

Message 42 of 500 (3,570 Views)

Re: Open staircase doesn't work

★★ Guide
@idontlikesand89 Try fixing it like JuliaChang93 said and your sims will be able to live in their previous house.
Message 43 of 500 (3,574 Views)

★★ Pro
@Maysbat Maybe I'm missing something then because I tried removing fence and deleting gray tiles and it took out my ceiling. Then, when I tried to replace fence, the gray tiles came back.
Message 44 of 500 (3,556 Views)

Re: Sim can't walk upstairs after latest patch - 11/10/2020

★★★ Novice

@SheriGR Thank you so much for your video.

I tried your way and it worked perfectly!

Now I can finally enjoy my sims again.

Message 45 of 500 (3,412 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@JuliaChang93That seems to work, however it's important to note this is only a workaround to make it work. The actual issue is still there and needs a proper fix

The workaround also causes ceilings to be deleted and the only way of getting them back is by making a room on top as the ceiling, which is obviously an issue for tiny homes as it adds a tons of tiles to the build

Message 46 of 500 (3,527 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@stjmk I'm having the same issue here as you described. When I tried to replace the deleted fence, not only did the gray tiles come back, but also when I deleted the gray tiles again, the routing problem resumes. So for me the only workaround now is to have a portion of "broken" fence.

Btw, the build I'm testing on is the EA pre-made restaurant Chez Llama lol
Message 47 of 500 (3,526 Views)

★★ Pro
@Onverser I tried making room on top for ceiling tiles, and it looks like it's got a ceiling, but am still getting the weird "outside light" in my two story family room.
Message 48 of 500 (3,508 Views)

★★ Guide
@stjmk Sorry my bad. I haven't noticed missing ceiling because I have another floor on top of it. So I guess is only workaround and it's still has to be fixed.
Message 49 of 500 (3,506 Views)

Re: November 10th update

Hero (Retired)

@SailorSquad05 Is your issue the same as this one? Open staircase cause routing failures

Message 50 of 500 (3,476 Views)