Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Open staircase cause routing failures

★★ Guide
@BadKittybj Estoy de acuerdo!
Message 21 of 500 (25,293 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Hello, i also experienced the same issue and here is my workaround for it, i hope it will solve this problem at least for some of you:

Firstly, those stairs look like in the picture called 001. Then i just deleted one of the fences as i it is shown illuminated in the picture 002. After deleting it, some grey tiles appeared in the empty area; then i also deleted all those grey tiles (picture 003). My problem solved.

Also this building can be found by searching "Britechester Campus Villa" on the gallery (from crisldicrisl), for the forum heroes who wish to test it ^_^

Message 22 of 500 (26,388 Views)

Sim can't walk upstairs after latest patch - 11/10/2020

★★ Novice

I remodeled an already built home in The Sims yesterday and after downloading the new patch today, my Sims can't go up the stairs in the new house anymore. I've tried deleting them, moving them around, deleting and rebuilding floors and ceilings. I don't know what to do and it's getting super frustrating....

I don't have any mods installed. I do have CC but not in this house. For reference, the remodeled property is Judith Ward's mansion in Del Sol. The staircase is in the same location as it is in the original house, I just redecorated. Please help! I'm at wits end and super unhappy cause I was super excited to play this gameplay and now its basically unplayable...

Message 23 of 500 (24,993 Views)

★★ Guide
@JuliaChang93 It's working! Thank you very much! I didn't think to remove the fence first and then the gray tiles and then add again fence.
Message 24 of 500 (25,249 Views)

★★ Apprentice

estoy igual que marge simpson, "solo queda reir", sigo probando el juego y ahora no dormir, cuando mi sims se mete en su cama se reinicia y mi otro sims quedo atrapado en la piscina, jjajajaja, hay maxis me haces tanto reir con tus soluciones

Message 25 of 500 (25,230 Views)

Hero
@BadKittybj Could you please post englisch only. This is the english forum.

For spanish, please switch to the Spanish forum,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 500 (25,224 Views)

★★ Pro
@JuliaChang93 Thank you for your thoughtful post. Those look like internal stairwells that don't extend to outside walls.

What I'm having problems with is the stairwell, open-to-below area that necessarily extends to outside walls. My Affluista Mansion or Brook Bungalow, for example.
Message 27 of 500 (25,230 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@stjmkSo I put both of your lots in my game and I did what JuliaChang93 advice and it's working.

Message 28 of 500 (25,220 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Maysbat I am glad it worked for you, you are welcome!

@stjmk Thank you ^_^ Oh, i hope there will be a solution for your problem too, for now i cannot try it but as @Maysbat mentioned it is working *confused*

Message 29 of 500 (25,223 Views)

Re: Sim can't walk upstairs after latest patch - 11/10/2020

[ Edited ]
Champion

@astat720 If you upload the home to the gallery and provide the exact name of the lot (and your Gallery user UD if it's different than here) I would be happy to place it in my game and test it. It's also possible that your CC is causing the issue after the update - even if you didn't use it on the lot. To see if this is the issue you could try the following:

• Move your Mods folder from your "The Sims 4" folder [Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4] to your desktop (save it for reference) and delete the localthumbcache.package file in your “The Sims 4” folder. Then check in a new game save to see if this issue is still occurring. If the issue is gone, please re-add the Mods/CC one at a time until you find the one causing the issue. If you find that one is causing the issue you can check with/monitor the CC creator to see when/if they come out with an update that fixes the issue.
SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 30 of 500 (24,972 Views)