Re: Open staircase doesn't work

by Maysbat

Original Post

★★ Guide
@SimtasticSimSim Same problem but I guess we have to add floor until it won't be fix. I hope they're gonna do it fast.
Message 11 of 500 (6,035 Views)

Re: Stairs Broken After November Patch

★★★★ Pro

Can be united with this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-staircase-doesn-t-work/m-p/9717373#M160503

I'm curious if this will break also Maxis' own buildings.

Message 12 of 500 (6,013 Views)

★★ Pro
@Maysbat I know! One thing I found out was that if stairwell doesn't adjoin outside walls, stairs are usable. My Ophelia Villa, Garden District, build has an open stairwell, but it is internal, and my Sim went up and down stairs okey-dokey. But I'm almost scared to test some of my other builds because I've used the open to below area so much with stairs.
Message 13 of 500 (6,031 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Not really a consolation, but replacing the stair by a ladder seems to be a workaround.

Message 14 of 500 (6,027 Views)

★★ Guide
@stjmk I have to tested putting stairs on interior wall maybe it will be better fix for now.
Message 15 of 500 (5,988 Views)

★★ Guide
@alanmichael1 It would be if toddlers, dogs and cats could use ladders.
Message 16 of 500 (6,025 Views)

★★ Pro
@Maysbat It's not the stairs so much, it's the fence 'enclosure' and 'open to below' areas that can't adjoin any outside walls.
Message 17 of 500 (5,981 Views)

★★ Pro
@Maysbat Cats can't use ladders? I've never tested that in my game, but how unrealistic!
Message 18 of 500 (6,018 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Open staircase cause routing failures

★★ Apprentice

hola yo me encuentro con exactamente el mismo problema, con cada actualizacion arreglan una cosa y destrullen un millon que rabia

Message 19 of 500 (5,999 Views)

★★ Guide
@stjmk Now I am not sure, but I don't think they can.
Message 20 of 500 (5,960 Views)