Re: [WORKAROUND] Open staircase cause routing failures

by Amiranne

Original Post

Re: [BUG] Sims no longer scale stairs if a floor is not built in the room above

★★ Pro
@NightmareAlice21 When you build on a new lot, are you using platforms at all? The platform tool causes many stair glitches and can be tricky to use.

If you use the room/wall tool, it will automatically put a normal foundation on which you can raise or lower with the big arrow in the middle of the room.

Stairs seem to behave better with regular old foundations.
Message 421 of 500 (1,279 Views)

Re: Stairs Broken After November Patch

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

The issue is in fact not in the fence, but in the removed floor... The new patch demands the staircase removes the upstairs floor in order for it to be functional. This workaround works and allows you to still make your loft: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17893949/#Comment_17893949https://forums.thesims...

Message 422 of 500 (1,250 Views)

Re: the sims 4 stairs

★★★★ Novice

Ok so it seems that this is getting ignored and it’s frustrating at this point.

there is a bug that affects open space staircase.

sims aren’t able to use stairs that are built in indoor open spaces.

and it’s not getting fixed.

I’m having to go through every single lot in the game (private/public lot) and deleting and re-installing the fence and the staircase to fix it.

this is very uncool and is really making the gameplay not worth the trouble. 
they need to take this serious and find a way to fix this bug.

@SaadKubba wrote:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? i don't know but it is fully updated
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have almost all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? it is a stair bug
What happens when the bug occurs? my sims can't go upstairs
What do you expect to see? no
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hello everyone

I have been dealing with this problem for two days now and I can't find a solution for it.

my sims can't use the stairs, every time I want them to go upstairs they start telling me that they can't and I don't know why.

I have tried everything I could've think of.

I tried removing the stairs then adding them back and it didn't work.

I tried removing any fencing around the stair and it didn't work.

I even removed the modes that I have and tried playing without them and still my sims couldn't use the stairs.

please help me!!!!

is this a bug that they're trying to fix??

Message 423 of 500 (1,221 Views)

Re: Stairs Broken After November Patch

★★ Pro
@DeanXeL Yes, people have recognized that it is not the fence, per se.

But removing the floor to create an open to below area, which the game presents as a viable option, no longer works because as you say, "the new patch demands the staircase removes the upstairs floor." And that can cause many problems with different stair configurations, floor plans, walls, ceilings, and rooms.

Removing the enclosed floor by selecting the stairwell and choosing "remove floor" worked just fine before the platform patch, and there is no reason why it should not now.

It should not matter in building whether the player removed the floor versus the stairs themselves removing it. Players trying to build realistic floor plans should not have to resort to finicky tricks with platforms or phantom rooms in order to create realistic houses with two storey foyers or balconies overlooking living rooms.

That is a bug.
Message 424 of 500 (1,206 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

I don't get why it says this issue is solved solely because there's a workaround it. 

THIS BUG NEEDS TO GET ADDRESSED!

We should't have to go editing all our old builds, making them look worse. 

This needs to be fixed because we can't play the game properly.

Message 425 of 500 (1,103 Views)

★ Apprentice

Still not listed on the latest Laundry List. Oh, Jesus. A little transparency on why they're taking a lot of time fixing this issue would be nice...

Message 426 of 500 (1,060 Views)

Broken Stairs

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Get Famous, Seasons, Cat & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to go up stairs
What happens when the bug occurs? At first I thought it was just a build I downloaded from the gallery, but then on a community lot my Sim tried to go upstairs to use the toilet and couldn't get up the stairs. I walked the to the base of the stairs, and then attempted to walk them to the platform at the top of the stairs, but they inform me the pathway is blocked.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see them walk up the stairs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sims will not go upstairs. I do not have any custom content. I don't play the game very often, but I've spent a lot of money on it, so when I do get the chance to play, I would like for it work as normal. I thought the problem was a build I downloaded from the gallery, so I just built a different house, without stairs this time, but on a community lot (on a date, at a bar) the sim needed to use the toilet and says that the path is blocked went attempting to walk up any set of stairs.

Message 427 of 500 (1,001 Views)

Re: Broken Stairs

★★ Novice
@CAlanFreeman It's been over a week, and game that I've spent hundreds of dollars on isn't fully playable. I'm getting very upset. Why can my Sims not walk upstairs?!
Message 428 of 500 (860 Views)

★★ Pro
@CAlanFreeman After the platform update, the stairs have been problematic due to fence-delete-floor/open-but-not-really issues.

Also, if your lot had platforms at any time, they seem to leave some "markers" which can be difficult to get rid of...

It's a pain, even for those of us who are into building. We feel your pain!

I'm a bit confused, though, that you say that you built something without any stairs, but then your Sim couldn't get to the toilet due to stairs?
Message 429 of 500 (836 Views)

★★ Novice
@stjmk The Sim couldn't get to the toilet on a community lot in which the toilet was upstairs. It's not just an issue with platforms for me, but any set of stairs.
Message 430 of 500 (831 Views)