Re: [WORKAROUND] Open staircase cause routing failures

by mh4515

Original Post

Sims wont go up stairs in Maxis built house Get Famous

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most of them , not listing again, tried posting this 4 times now
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? GO INTO JUDITH WARD'S HOUSE IN GET FAMOUS. TELL SIM TO GO UPSTAIRS TO DO ANYTHING, THEY WON'T GO
What happens when the bug occurs? THEY GET THE RED X SYMBOL AND WONT GO UPSTAIRS.
What do you expect to see? her to go upstairs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Image may contain: 1 personSIM WONT GO UPSTAIRS. THIS IS A MAXIS BUILT HOUSE IN GET FAMOUS.

Message 351 of 500 (1,754 Views)

Re: Sims wont go up stairs in Maxis built house Get Famous

★★★★★ Novice

I can cosign on this. I too went to play as Judith Ward and could not use the stairs in her house. Has there been any updates? Thank you.

Message 352 of 500 (1,725 Views)

My Sim Cant go up the stairs!!!

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but the Star Wars pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you have a house that has stairs going up to a second floor that does not have floor on the other side of the stairs. I. have. 2 houses that. have the stairs go up to a balcony like second floor. This before was never a problem and unfortunately now is. It has been maybe 2-3 months now since this issue has happened. It was after a game update in the late fall. Maybe November?
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim can't go up the stairs. She will have a thought bubble with a stair symbol that. she can't go upstairs.
What do you expect to see? For. there to be no reason a sim cannot go up those stairs. stairs function even if it leads to a balcony and not a full floored second floor.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. A. new game update in November I think?

I will like to fix the issue that my sim cannot go up to the second floor if it leads to a balcony or a second floor that is not completely covered in floor. half the house has a nice big wall and the stairs lead to that balcony second floor.  All my houses that are like this do not work anymore.  I see many people complaining about the same bug.  Please fix!!
!!

Message 353 of 500 (1,707 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Can we get an update from the team regarding this?

Message 354 of 500 (1,643 Views)

Re: My Sim Cant go up the stairs!!!

★★★★★ Novice

I'm also having this problem. I'm on a Mac and I am currently using Chateau Peak in Get Famous. I am trying to have my Sim go up in the little loft area up on the 3rd floor of the build, and she just will not go up there. I found an alternate way of getting up there by using Transportalate since my Sim is a Spellcaster, but when I do not have that spell autonomously enabled, she will not go up there. I currently am on the latest patch release, so I'm not sure if this was caused by a past patch or just the build in general. I haven't tried the other lots in Get Famous, but I might try them out to see if it's just that one lot, or if it's the others.

*Here is the video that I recorded of the situation. I removed my MC Command Center Mod after the video to see if it was still glitched, and it was.

Message 355 of 500 (1,576 Views)

★★ Novice
@Skaazilla This is the only way I've been able to get my sims to use the stairs! Thank you. I wouldn't have thought to do that because "aesthetics", but I'd much rather be able to actually play the game
Message 356 of 500 (1,509 Views)

Sims complaining about non-existent route issues

★★★ Apprentice

Hi, yesterday I was using the base game mansion of Simproved on my game. I had refurnished the house with CC so I thought I was having problems with it, I went back to the gallery and isntall the original house which only use game content and when I click on my sims to go upstairs (anything that is on the second floor) they started complaining about a non-existent route issue. I started a new save file and repeated the same process and still gave me the same error. Would someone mind to check it out as well? Here is the house: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp4Fk9CTVsM so you can get an idea, and also download it from Simprove's gallery of course.

Thank you so much for the feedback. It is important to mention in each of those saves, any of the other house with CC or without gave me problems.

Message 357 of 500 (1,462 Views)

Re: Sims complaining about non-existent route issues

★ Pro

@Simtasticgallery  Very first thing I must say is that I am NOT a builder, lol.  However, I think it likely you are experiencing the bug reported in this thread:

Solved: [WORKAROUND] Open staircase cause routing failures - Answer HQ (ea.com)

I encountered a similar issue with a build by Deligracy and know how frustrating it was for me.  Look at the second post in the thread linked above and see if any of the workarounds might help your situation.  I used #5 and although it's not a pretty solution the stairs are now usable, thank goodness.

Message 358 of 500 (1,429 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yeah I tried to look for workarounds and such, but the problem there it states it happened in The Sims 3 not for, and second, the house worked (and is supposed to with or without CC) this is why I wanted someone else to try the lot as well Standard smile Thank you so much! I am just reporting it just in case it might be a bug because this has happened before.

Message 359 of 500 (1,415 Views)

Hero
@Simtasticgallery This thread is for Sims 4, not sure where you have the Sims 3 from.

I merged your thread. Pretty sure it's the same issue. Maybe someone in this thread can help you figure out what to fix about the building to make it work (also not a build myself)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 360 of 500 (1,398 Views)