Item is stuck off lot

by jessdiaz01

Original Post

Re: DJ-booth stuck outside a beach lot and can't be moved/put into inventory

★★★★ Pro
@rottenmeier Did you try marking the owner of the DJ both played again and have that particular sim going to pick it up?
Message 21 of 64 (2,264 Views)

Re: DJ-booth stuck outside a beach lot and can't be moved/put into inventory

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict  i have not stumbled over a destroyObjects mod while looking for a fix, so have not tried out yet, but i'll look into this. thanks for the suggestion

that is a good question if the dj-boost got stuck even before i marked the owner as unplayed at some point in my game or after/because of... i can't tell for sure.  i assume after, because in the old savefile (before creating the new houshold at all and all gameprogression and marking as unplayed) the owner could pick the dj booth up.

EDIT 1: 

@Katrus91yes, i tried to pick it up with the owner. did not work.

the owner also has only the 'use objects' (or the similar commant. i play in german, so i don't know the exact term in english gameplay) or eventually repair when dj booth is broken because of rain.

no other commands, not magic  not anything sim usually has with the dj-both.  ah... and by the way.  use command don't work. repair works eventually.

i wouldn't even mind the dj booth being stuck there if it was usable (after repair after rain... ) but it's always broken and unusable. and not removble so far.

EDIT 2: @crinrictoh that helped, yes, i could delete it with the destroyObjects mod. thanks.

(Merged post, you can use edit button.) - Atic 

Message 22 of 64 (2,244 Views)

cowplant grew off lot and can't delete it

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have your sim plant a cowplant 1-2 blocks away from the edge of the lot and the cowplant will move off the lot when completely grown.
What happens when the bug occurs? The cowplant is halfway off of my home lot and I can't delete it or destroy it.
What do you expect to see? Some way to get rid of the now dead cowplant halfway on my lot
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My sim planted the cowplant just on the grass and it shifted when she planted it, but it was still on the lot. When the cowplant became fully grown it was only halfway on the lot, and now I have a dead cowplant just stuck on the edge of my lot. I could move but i built this whole neighborhood to be perfect for my microhome and there is a fishing pond across the street I have rather come to like. I would like the cowplant to disappear. I tried MCC but the destroy object cheat didnt work on it. 

Message 23 of 64 (2,200 Views)

Re: cowplant grew off lot and can't delete it

Hero
@potricia59 I merged your post with the stuck off lot objects thread.

Try twistedMexis destroy Object mod.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 64 (2,178 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@potricia59 Just to make sure, have you tried MOO? I had a cowplant half off my lot, and I could move and delete it with MOO.
Message 25 of 64 (2,169 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict that worked tysm, i spent a little while this morning looking through mods to help but nothing worked
Message 26 of 64 (2,157 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Ok I put a popup  bar at the park for a wedding for one of my households, but they never came back to get it, so it just sits there.  They couldn't get it at the time because the mixologist was working it and when they came back there was drinks and plates on the bar, so they couldn't pick it up than, so it just stayed there.  Anyways I took the household that I thought owned the popup bar to the park and it was clean and was able to put it in their inventory if they want.

Message 27 of 64 (2,115 Views)

Hero

I found a way to get rid of guitars and violins that I had stuck in the world in the spice district without using cheats.   I had 6 guitars and 2 violins that were stuck in the areas where the buskers perform at the spice festival and the stand alone violin buskers spot.  I found that if I clicked on the serenade option on a violin that instead of the sim going to the violin to play that the violin teleported over to where the sim was.  When the sim finished, the violin was dropped where the sim was.  So I sent the 2 sims involved to the karaoke bar and tried it from there.  The violin teleported to the sim again.  And dropped on the lot when she was done.  So I tried it with the other violin and the guitars.  All of them did the same.  Then I opened build buy and deleted the guitars and violins.  Finally, the spice district was clear of them. 

Message 28 of 64 (2,074 Views)

Item is stuck off lot

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? realm of magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? when moving an item, the grid was gone, and i accidentally plated it off my lot...how do i get the item back? if i move lots will i lose the item?
What happens when the bug occurs? item is stuck off lot
What do you expect to see? the cow alien plant back on my lot
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

hi i was moving and alien plant, the cow looking one, then the grid was diapered, and i accidentally plated it off my lot, and its stuck there...how do i get the item back?  I don't want to lose it.  If i move to a different lot will i lose the item?

please help

Message 29 of 64 (2,001 Views)

Re: Item is stuck off lot

Hero
@jessdiaz01 Merged your post. See prior posts for suggestions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 64 (1,972 Views)