Re: [WORKAROUND] Objects Stuck off Lots

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Objects Stuck Outside Lot

★★★★★ Apprentice

FYI, I did try the new mods suggested in this thread, and it did not delete my stuck guitars... I don't use CC or mods in Sims 4 at all, but I did use them all the time in Sims 3, so I'm pretty sure I did everything correctly, but the Destroy object option did nothing. 

I really hope EA finally fixes this issue that so many people have and that has been around for so long. The guitars/violins aren't that big of deal, but when other objects get stuck outside the lot it can really ruin gameplay!

Message 11 of 64 (1,636 Views)

Re: Objects Stuck Outside Lot

Hero
@ceb6973 Also try TwistedMexi's DestroyObjects mod. He also has another one where you can move stuff from and to lots but I'm not sure how that's called.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 64 (1,624 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I searched this because I currently have 2 stuck violins in the Spice District... I used to have this problem constantly when CL was new but it seemed to have went away for awhile. Now it appears to be back, or never went away to begin with but I had just been lucky for awhile.

Gonna have to try that mod I guess, because it seems unlikely that this will ever be fixed. 

Message 13 of 64 (1,599 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Just came back to report for others' benefit that TwistedMexi's AllCheatsEnable mod works along side MC Command Center or Mexi's DeleteOjects Fix to remove these nuisance stuck instruments! 

Thanks to @crinrict for the suggestion because I used to be able to use just MCCC for this but apparently along the way those cheats were disabled by Maxis unless unlocked through other means. 

So happy to finally have those darned instruments out of my festival space. And honestly I wouldn't have been that bothered if it was just one or two, but a couple days after my first post a third violin got stuck and I knew the problem was just going to get worse. Also my apartment dwelling Sims were running outside to go play them and I didn't even want these Sims having violin skill. So, yeah... lol.

Message 14 of 64 (1,558 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Is there really no way whatsoever to get rid of objects stuck off lot without using mods? 😆 It's super odd that there's no official cheat for it. I have a stuck object right now, it says that my sim can't grab it because she doesn't own it, I tried to set is as head and go to the main lot to reset the sim, but it didn't work, and I tried to debug the object, but it didn't work, and I would rather not install mods just for this... 😑 Also, I would really want to pick up the object, because it’s a rare metal. 😐

Message 15 of 64 (1,477 Views)

Hero
@SqueamishNerd Well, apparently if you have spellcasters, you can set them on fire :D

Not sure what happens afterwards.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 64 (1,464 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict So, I went there with a spellcaster, but the only spell that worked on the object was copypasto (better than nothing, free rare metal!). There weren't any options of neither Inferniate nor Burgliate. So the object still sits there being annoying. :/
Message 17 of 64 (1,420 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@SqueamishNerd Frown .. I didn't test myself it's something another user suggested.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 64 (1,413 Views)

DJ-booth stuck outside a beach lot and can't be moved/put into inventory

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all EP all GP, a bunch of SP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i dont know.
What happens when the bug occurs? sims dropped a mobile-dj-booth on the spawnpoint outside the lot, it can't be picked up (no put into inventory menu-point), it can't be moved or deleted in buildmode.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to put it into inventory and then delete.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

well....

my sims dropped (or maybe put into world?) a mobile-dj-booth outside a beach lot at the spawnpoint. 
(then a created save as a new savefile and started a new househould and marked the owner of the dj both as unplayed sim. maybe that's important? in the orginal savefile i could put the dj booth into inventory in the new savefile i can not

now the DJ booth is stuck. it can't be moved, deleted or put into the inventory, neither by the 'owner' sim nor by any other sim.

i even tried some mods: always able to move mod, or t.o.o.l. mod to move stuff off lot, not been able to do anything to this dj booth, demolishing the whole lot did not help either.

Message 19 of 64 (1,397 Views)

Re: DJ-booth stuck outside a beach lot and can't be moved/put into inventory

Hero
@rottenmeier Did you try the destroyObjects mod ?

I'm merging this with the off-lot stuck items issue

At what point did you mark the owned as unplayed ? Before or after it got stuck ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 64 (1,388 Views)