Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] Objects Stuck off Lots

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? the latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except my first pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? put guitars in NPCs inventory and it will happen eventually
What happens when the bug occurs? the NPC either travels while playing a guitar or is culled from the game through my own deletion and the guitar gets stuck where ever they left it. Usually it is off lot and I cannot delete it.
What do you expect to see? I expect these random world items to get deleted.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I get we are not allowed to edit the world but there needs to be a cheat added in to take ownership of items that are off lot so we can delete them.  I have a guitar stuck in the spice district and one stuck in the jungle near the cantina.  I also have plates stuck in the Jang apartment elevator.  

Message 1 of 64 (20,072 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Guitars Stuck off Lots

Champion
@keekee53 I've had this happen before too, a long time ago and also fairly recently, in the same spot in the Spice District too. Probably because that's such a busking hotspot during festivals and such.

First time it happened, I noticed an NPC picked up a busking spot guitar and started playing it. Later, I noticed that he'd dropped the guitar on the ground in the middle of the Spice District, because either he despawned when I travelled away or the Festival despawned.

Because my sims did not own the guitar, I could interact with it only to play it, but "put in inventory" was greyed out. I couldn't delete it, because it was in the non-buildable area of the neighbourhood.

And the same thing happened again recently. So it's not a common thing, but it happens under rare circumstances.

The only solution I found was to download the Enable Debug Cheats mod (from MTS, but the one on the site is out of date - you have to scroll through the comments to find a newer version made by scumbumbo).

I put the mod in temporarily, went to the area the guitar was and activated testingcheats on. It adds a new option to Delete Object when shift-clicking on it.

I only used the mod to delete the object and then saved and quit and removed the mod, mainly because I'm really paranoid that if I kept it in, I'd accidentally use that Delete Object on something critical by accident, like one of the building props around the town.

But yeah, I think that's the only solution. I thought about maybe trying a Klepto sim swiping it, but I played one recently and I don't think instruments are swipeable things?

View in thread

Message 6 of 64 (19,951 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@keekee53 Is it floating in mid air like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Objects-floating-in-mid-air/m-p/8020040 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 64 (19,999 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict  nope but they are in places where I cannot remove them.  I can interact with them but I cannot put them in my inventory or delete them because they are on a lot.  I have tried the set as head cheat to delete it but it just makes a copy of object.  I believe this is happening when I delete a NPC sim that is in the middle of playing the guitar in a certain area.

Thank you for your quick response.

Message 3 of 64 (19,979 Views)

Hero
@keekee53 The OP can't remove them either. Check the picture. It seems a general issues with objects floating some in unreachable areas others in reachable once.

Hence the question: Does it float ? Is your nope to they don't float ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 64 (19,975 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@crinrict  oops sorry I wasn't clear.  I have two issues on this forum...LOL

No, my guitar does not float.  A sim can play it but they cannot delete it.

Message 5 of 64 (19,957 Views)

Champion
@keekee53 I've had this happen before too, a long time ago and also fairly recently, in the same spot in the Spice District too. Probably because that's such a busking hotspot during festivals and such.

First time it happened, I noticed an NPC picked up a busking spot guitar and started playing it. Later, I noticed that he'd dropped the guitar on the ground in the middle of the Spice District, because either he despawned when I travelled away or the Festival despawned.

Because my sims did not own the guitar, I could interact with it only to play it, but "put in inventory" was greyed out. I couldn't delete it, because it was in the non-buildable area of the neighbourhood.

And the same thing happened again recently. So it's not a common thing, but it happens under rare circumstances.

The only solution I found was to download the Enable Debug Cheats mod (from MTS, but the one on the site is out of date - you have to scroll through the comments to find a newer version made by scumbumbo).

I put the mod in temporarily, went to the area the guitar was and activated testingcheats on. It adds a new option to Delete Object when shift-clicking on it.

I only used the mod to delete the object and then saved and quit and removed the mod, mainly because I'm really paranoid that if I kept it in, I'd accidentally use that Delete Object on something critical by accident, like one of the building props around the town.

But yeah, I think that's the only solution. I thought about maybe trying a Klepto sim swiping it, but I played one recently and I don't think instruments are swipeable things?
Message 6 of 64 (19,952 Views)

★ Guide

@simvasion  That mod worked perfectly.  Thank you so much. 

Message 7 of 64 (19,929 Views)

Objects Stuck Outside Lot

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them up through Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play in San Myshuno for a while--specifically the Spice Market neighborhood. Eventually one of the people busking with an instrument will abandon it. Once that happens, it's stuck forever.
What happens when the bug occurs? A sim abandons an object in a neighborhood outside an editable lot. For me it's typically instruments (violins and guitars) in San Myshuno. It can also be homework, basinets that spawn outside the lot, etc. Once this happens it's permanently stuck there. You can typically pick up the objects and use them, but because they belong to someone else, you cannot add them to your inventory to get rid of them. You also cannot have a kleptomaniac swipe them. AND, I've even tried to place a campfire near them to set them on fire. But it doesn't work. You can have a sim on fire PLAYING these instruments and they do not burn and vanish. I've researched online and tried the "set as head" trick. But this doesn't pick up the object, it just duplicates it. AND ever since I installed Island Living, it duplicate a GIGANTIC version of the object. AND, if you travel away from the lot with the object still "set as head" it drops that GIGANTIC duplicate of the object outside the lot and you can't get rid of it OR ignore it. Instruments sitting around San Myshuno aren't a huge deal (except when a festival object spawns on top of them!), but others ruin the gameplay. For example, if a basinet spawns just outside of your house and you can't pick it up to move it, you're stuck caring for your baby on the sidewalk! I've even have objects get stuck outside the lot that actually block the entrance to some houses I've built!
What do you expect to see? I expect for there to be some way to get rid of these objects that get stuck outside the lot. Either they should disappear when you travel away from the lot (or reload the game). Or you should be able to add non-owned objects stuck outside the lot to your inventory so you can get rid of them. Or, they should be labeled with the name of the sim who actually owns the object, so we can play that character and have THEM add the stuck object back into their inventory. Or there should be a cheat that lets you destroy those objects stuck outside the lot. (YES, I know there used to be a Mod that allowed this--and that's why the previous question asked about this specific issue was marked as "solved" even though it wasn't. In my experience, that mod no longer works on objects stuck outside the lot--at least not for me. And I've tried multiple times, following multiple tips. It no longer works. And never worked for me. And FYI, I NEVER use mods in the game to play Sims 4. I only installed this one MCCC mod specifically to try and remove these objects, and immediately removed the app when it wasn't able to destroy them.) And FYI, this has been happening on the regular ever since I bought and started playing City Living. And happens most frequently in the Spice Market neighborhood (even though I've played extensively in ALL the San Myshuno neighborhoods). And final FYI, I thought that one of the previous patches was supposed to fix this issue, so I created a clean save (and moved all of my 100+ sims, and all of their houses and businesses and apartment rooms into the clean save). For a few weeks, I enjoyed playing without any objects stuck outside the lot, but then they were back again and there was no way to get rid of them!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Why isn't submit working?!

Message 8 of 64 (19,884 Views)

Re: Objects Stuck Outside Lot

Hero
@ceb6973 There's a lot of threads like this .. it's been happening since they game came out and I have my doubts that it will ever get fixed.

I merged yours with the most recent one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 64 (19,857 Views)

Re: Objects Stuck Outside Lot

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thanks, I looked for a more recent thread like this one, but could only find the one marked "solved." And this one has a new mod I hadn't come across before. Maybe I'll give that one a try...
Message 10 of 64 (19,833 Views)