Re: [WORKAROUND] Objects Stuck off Lots

by SimGuruRitzy

Original Post

Re: Presentation Board Stuck On Pinecrest Apt Balcony

★ Guide

I thought about doing that but before I did, I decided to just lose a little bit of progress and go back in to the last save which was before I moved a neighbor into the other apartment and then going into the new neighbor’s household.

I’ve found the most bugs when clicking on an empty apartment in Live Mode to move a household in. That’s when I start getting them and others to come in uninvited, eating, watching tv, dancing, using the bathroom etc. and now, this with the board 🤷🏻‍♀️
I still can’t get over the fact that the balcony isn’t apart of the apartment. It’s absolutely absurd. At LEAST have seating out there that can’t be changed!

Message 51 of 64 (1,080 Views)

Hero
@midtwilightblue Going to merge this with the main objects stuck off lot thread as that's what it basically is.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 64 (1,071 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have this issue with cowplants (I'm starting to despise them now because of this bug) planted on the last tile of the lot, but ended up planted on the street in Mt. Komorebi.

Suggestions from this and other threads I tried:

- I tried moving the lot (does nothing to the sidewalk next to the lot),

- kleptomanic Sim (no option to try to swipe appears),

- magic (no option to burgliate or inferniate appears) and

- set as head + reset object (creates only a duplicate, does nothing to the originals).

There is not even the option for a kleptomanic Sim to try to swipe it or for a spellcaster Sim to try to burgliate or inferniate the cowplants off the lot, even though the spellcaster Sim can burgliate and inferniate objects on the lot. It's as if the objects are not owned by anyone and therefore can't be stolen and burned? Also, the set-as-head workaround only creates a duplicate of the cowplant on the lot without removing the original cowplants from the sidewalk just outside the lot.

Are there any other workarounds? Or any ideas why the workarounds don't work with cowplants?

My main problem with the cowplants is they keep turning into big cow skulls when their cakes are not eaten and when they are not fed when they have cakes and I find that quite unappetizing just next to my Sims's house.

Otherwise I will have to reload my safe game from before I planted the cowplants ... quite a while back. Frown

Message 53 of 64 (995 Views)

Re: cowplant grew off lot and can't delete it

★★ Apprentice

100% this only I'm on ps4. My sim planted a cowplant at the edge of the lot and when it shifted it's now outside my lot boundary. And is now also bringing random sims into my backyard to interact with it. No mods, and I really dont want to enable cheats and lose all future trophies just because the game moved my cowplant outside of where I can pick it up and move it.

Message 54 of 64 (919 Views)

★★★★ Guide

From the potion bottles in Oasis Spring, to the lump of clay on Sulani's water, or to the laptops on MuaPel ham picnic tables, or to the numerous boats stuck on water of Sulani there is nothing but a mod to help us?

Message 55 of 64 (885 Views)

★★ Apprentice

With the newest update for cottage living I now can uproot my dead off lot cowplant! Yay! All fixed!

Message 56 of 64 (838 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I have this issue as well. I’ve tried the workarounds suggested, like «enable debug cheats» mod, MOO and a cleptonaniac sim, neither of which worked, and I can’t change my sim’s traits in cas.

Message 57 of 64 (789 Views)

EA Staff

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 58 of 64 (699 Views)

Re: Plant Sim Tree stuck off lot

★★★ Newbie

the same thing happened to me and i’m not at all sure how to get rid of this Frown it’s a real pain 

Message 59 of 64 (306 Views)

Re: Plant Sim Tree stuck off lot

Hero
@PiinkPawz Moved your post to the current post on stuck objects.

Please try the workaround posted in the solution post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 60 of 64 (237 Views)