by simvasion

Original Post

Re: Newlyweds can't cut first slice of wedding cake

★ Apprentice
ok awesome Standard smile
Message 11 of 48 (4,549 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Newlyweds can't cut first slice of wedding cake

★★★ Guide

The cake MUST be on a Table, and sometimes in a specific spot on that table for it to work.  And they still sometimes don't cut the cake and share it, just swipe the topper off (though it does give event credit for "Take the first slice".  I have had it work from a Counter, once.  it has never worked one a Bar since it was broken some time around the Vampire GP.

Message 12 of 48 (4,537 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@madmaddy4 wrote:

Ok so I tried to put it on a coffee table, dining table and a kitchen counter and it still won't let me unfortunately. 

The action you want to use is 'Cut Wedding Cake', not 'Take a Piece'. And cutting the cake was possible on two of those images.

Message 13 of 48 (4,535 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Ohhhh ok, that makes a lot more sense then just "take a piece". I understand that you can cut the wedding cake but what about the "take a piece" option that is greyed out. Is that meant to be there? Thank you for helping me out. This is a good solution Standard smile

Message 14 of 48 (4,495 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

It's meant to be there. The option to "Take a piece" is greyed out if you haven't cut the cake yet. When you hover over it, it tells you why and what you need to do.

The bride or the groom must cut the cake first or nobody can take a piece. Because the cake is not cut into pieces yet!

EDIT: It seems like this is fixed if that option is showing for you now?

Message 15 of 48 (4,473 Views)

Hero

I'm going to leave this open cause there is this issue where it doesn't show up when placed on certain surfaces (same as birthday cake).

Marked another post as solution though to show the workaround to make it show up.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 48 (4,462 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

HI, I am having this same issue. I was reading and everyone told me to take my mods out. I did and still didn't work. * remade the cake when the mods where gone too*. I did all the table recommendations. I had the cater make the cake. I made the cake. * I added the wedding toppers on them all* NOTHING I would really like to know if there is any progress on this at all cause it have been a while since this was posted on. :D Thank you, have a good day

Message 17 of 48 (4,326 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

And you cut the cake or do you also not have that option ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 48 (4,311 Views)

★★ Novice
Don't have that option at all. I was having the same grayed out bubbles as everyone else. Have a great day :D
Message 19 of 48 (4,292 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Just adding a "me too" to this, because I had my first-ever wedding event and ran into this problem.

I had the cake on a table, the "cut the wedding cake" option wasn't there, only "take a piece", which was grayed out. Because it was the first time I've ever done a wedding, I didn't really know what to expect so I didn't go looking for troubleshooting steps or really mess with it at all. I ended up removing the wedding topper and choosing "take a piece", which didn't clear the goal but since I completed the other goals I still got gold and forgot about it. (If the goal had said "cut the cake" I would have known, but "take the first slice" seems to be "take a piece", so it didn't register that I was missing any option)

The next wedding I do, I will see if it happens again and come back with more helpful info. In the meantime - "me too". Standard smile

Message 20 of 48 (4,285 Views)