Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] Newlyweds can't cut first slice of wedding cake

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Everything except Spa Day and Jungle Adventure Stuff Packs: Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour, Cool Kitchen Stuff and the free Holiday Celebrations pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By baking a wedding cake and having the wedding. After the ceremony, try and get one of the newlyweds to take the first slice.
What happens when the bug occurs? The option to take a slice is greyed out and says something along the lines of "Only the newlyweds can take the first slice" even when I'm asking the newlyweds to do it.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the option working for the couple so they can take the first slice together.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So this happens all of the time (that I'm aware of anyway) and it is starting to get a bit frustrating because I just want the perfect dreamy wedding for my sims! The rest of the wedding event is fine, it's just that after the sims get married and are officially husband and wife, I can't get them to take the first slice which kinds ruins it when doing a prestige event and that's one of the goals you have to do. This happened before I installed my mods and so I know it's not that. I'm not sure if there is any way to fix this or if I'll just have to deal with it!

Message 1 of 48 (31,746 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Newlyweds can't cut first slice of wedding cake

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I think it's odd that the wedding cake can't be cut on counters or bars, but I do think I know a workaround for this. What does seem to work for me is putting the cake on a table. Let me know if that works for you.

View in thread

Message 2 of 48 (31,772 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I think it's odd that the wedding cake can't be cut on counters or bars, but I do think I know a workaround for this. What does seem to work for me is putting the cake on a table. Let me know if that works for you.

Message 2 of 48 (31,773 Views)

Hero
This is an older issue that didn't have it's own thread up to now.

I'll add this but yeah, try to move it a bit.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 48 (31,539 Views)

★ Apprentice

OK, this afternoon I'll try and move it around on different surfaces and stuff then let you guys know.

Message 4 of 48 (31,501 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Ok so I tried to put it on a coffee table, dining table and a kitchen counter and it still won't let me unfortunately. 

Message 5 of 48 (31,482 Views)

Hero
OK. Thanks for testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 48 (31,469 Views)

★ Apprentice
No problem, will more be added to this bug?
Message 7 of 48 (31,458 Views)

Hero
I've forwarded. The rest is up to the devs/QA

Will add to the compiled list on the next round.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 48 (31,451 Views)

★ Apprentice
Ok, I guess I'll just sit tight for now Standard smile
Message 9 of 48 (31,438 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 48 (31,409 Views)