Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] Maps from DLC appearing twice on Overview page

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Werewolves, My Wedding Stories, Dream Home Decorator, Realm Of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Little Campers Kit, Moonlight Chic Kit, Decor To The Max Kit, Blooming Rooms Kit, Industrial Loft Kit, Bust The Dust Kit, Country Kitchen Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Werewolves game pack and Cottage Living
What happens when the bug occurs? There are 2 Moonwood Mill worlds so I have duplicates of many Sims that came with the Werewolves pack and in Cottage Living the second ribbon for milk, wool, eggs, pie, flowers does not get added to my Sims inventory or house inventory
What do you expect to see? I would like to not have duplicates of the same worlds or Sims and I would like to see the second ribbon for the fair not glitch and be added to the Sims inventory or house inventory. With the second ribbon from the fair in Cottage Living its not a make or break thing it is just annoying when you bake a pie, or bring wool, or milk, etc and then not even have a mention if you came in second place or last or not at all is weird, it worked when it first came out and then the next patch update after it never seemed to end up working. And the double Moonwood Mill is self explanatory, there's also duplicate Sims, makes it confusing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

There are several pics of the glitch showing two selection menus for Moonwood Mill and two maps. I can travel to both of them but some lots are showing if I travel there but not if I'm on another lot. And the NPCs are there twice. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title

CM Edit: Adding Bug Report Template.

Message 1 of 312 (35,572 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Seeing double: I have two Copperdales

[ Edited ]
Hero

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

This issue has two causes:

1. Mods that give you the option to add custom worlds are outdated and need an update
  2. An unknown vanilla game bug

So if you use any custom worlds mods, make sure to check that these are updated. If they are, then you have the vanilla bug and the only thing that seems to work reliably is this: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2022/06/world-appears-twice-on-world-map/

You WILL loose stuff from the packs doing the solution there so I suggest you try repairing your game first as some have suggested that helped them.

If you just started a new save and don't have this issue on an existing one, I suggest, saving the newly made sims to your library/gallery, then deleting the save game, deleting all your cache files and repair the game. Then just start a new save.

If you haven't saved your game with the two worlds or have a backup, please try the steps given here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Maps-from-DLC-appearing-twice-on-Overview-page/m-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 125 of 312 (31,419 Views)

All Replies

Two Moonwood Mill worlds?

★★★★★ Novice

Two moonwood mill worlds in my maps? Using first one listed and seems to be working okay, was able to download a lot off gallery and place it in the world along with a household. Tried clicking on the second one and it started buffering so I just restarted the game before it could freeze and to see if second world would go away. Still there. Duplicates of households that came with werewolf pack as well. Deleted the duplicates but now I can't click on the hideouts ?

How do I get rid of the second world?

Message 2 of 312 (34,213 Views)

Re: Moonwood Mill map and selection is there twice

★★★★ Novice

Has anyone found out how to fix this issue yet?

Message 3 of 312 (35,438 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm repairing my game hopefully that will work.

Message 4 of 312 (35,436 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well that didn’t work!

Message 5 of 312 (35,402 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok I fixed it after you repair your game delete your sims 4 folder in your documents folder after you drag out these following folders of course saves, Mods, screenshots and Tray files. Then restart your game. The extra Moonwood Mill world will be gone. It also might work without repairing your game. After your restart close your game and add your folders back in. 👍🏼

Message 6 of 312 (35,381 Views)

Re: Two Moonwood Mill worlds?

★★★★ Apprentice

I also have two Moonwood Mill worlds, i tested on a vanilla game with no mods or CC

Message 7 of 312 (34,040 Views)

Double Worlds - Two Moonwood Mills

★★★ Novice

I purchased the new pack, I installed it. I loaded the game and there are to Moonwood Mills and double the characters. I removed all mods and repaired the game and I still have two worlds and double the characters.

Message 8 of 312 (35,361 Views)

Two Moonwood Mill worlds

★★★★ Apprentice

I downloaded the new Werewolves pack and had two Moonwood Mill worlds. I then removed all mods/cc, and ran my game as a "vanilla" game and still had two Moonwood Mill worlds. I then tried to repair my game, and still had two worlds. I then tried to do a game refresh, and still had two Moonwood Mill worlds. No matter what I do, I still have two Moonwood Mill Worlds. 

Message 9 of 312 (35,347 Views)

Double Moonwood Mills - Sometimes Double Isn't Better

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Cottage Living, Discover U, Eco, Get Famous, GTW, Get Together, Island living, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Dream Home Decorator, Jungle Adventure, Wedding stories, outdoor retreat, parenthood, ROM, Spa day, starwars, stranger, vampires, werewolves, backyard, bowling, cool kitchen, fitness, kids room, laundry, luxury party, moschino, movie hangout my first pet, nifty knitting, paranormal, perfect patio, romantic garden, spooky stuff, tiny living, vintage glamor (**I wish there were boxes for each pack that I could check instead of having to list all of these**)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Install the game on see how many versions of the new world exists? I am not sure. I explain below what my steps were.
What happens when the bug occurs? Two versions of Moonwood Mills exists side by side in my game and so there are doubles of the all characters from that world as well in my game.
What do you expect to see? I expect there to be one Moonwood Mill World and only one set of the characters.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I removed my mods, repaired the game and installed the new pack without any mods in my mods folder. I usually repair the game when a new pack comes out and I have to remove my mods.

Then I added them back and loaded up the game.  Immediately I had two version of the new world. So, I removed all of my mods. Repaired the game again and loaded it with no mods in my mods folder. I still have two versions of Moonwood Mills. Frown

Both versions show up whenever I open the map view, not just when my sims are moving like in the picture I provided.

Message 10 of 312 (35,338 Views)