Re: [OPEN] Maps from DLC appearing twice on Overview page

by Hamsysincy

Original Post

Hero
@Hamsysincy Repairing the game only works for new saves (not even sure if it's necessary for new ones). All you can do is disable the pack, then save.

So basically the same workaround as for this bug: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2022/06/lots-in-some-worlds-are-missing/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 61 of 312 (1,343 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

So I managed to fix it.

I removed the TS4 docs folder, started fresh empty save, did another repair, then put everything back and DISABLED The Werewolf pack.

Went into the broken save.

Changed household to a brand new one within that save, used no CC for that HH, and then saved the game, did a restart and RE-ENABLED the pack.

When I loaded the corrupted save now starting with the new CC-Free HH,  the duplicate world was gone.

ALSO I'd rolled back to an earlier save, (which is fine a loss of about 2 sim days) in case this is relevant.

The only difference I had made from the last time I tried this was starting a new EA only HH within that save and saved on that HH.

I do want to say though, I hadn't done anything werewolf related to ruin the save, so I wouldn't know if it would be a fix for those who had.

Message 62 of 312 (1,328 Views)

★ Guide

Quick questions: how do you disable game packs and what is HH? Household?

Message 63 of 312 (1,305 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Hamsysincy https://jamesturner.yt/disablepacks follow that guide.
Yes, HH stands for household in this instance.
Message 64 of 312 (1,299 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you very very much @toriajane_x  and @crinrict !

I was able to get the pack back into 1 world less than 5 mins using the following steps:

1. Do a back-up on saves, mod and tray files (just in case)

2. Disable werewolf pack from Origins.

3. Load the broken save file. The game will prompt if you want to proceed with missing pack. Click yes.

4. Select a household that is not affected with werewolf pack at all. Immediately "Exit Game with Save".

5. Enable back werewolf pack.

6. Woila!

Happy simming guys!

Message 65 of 312 (1,281 Views)

Why are there two copies of the worlds and households on my save file?

★ Novice

I'm having quite possibly one of the strangest issues I have ever encountered. Every world in my current save file has a duplicate, and both of these worlds contain the townies they usually do. I'm completely lost on what to do here.

Message 66 of 312 (1,270 Views)

Re: Why are there two copies of the worlds and households on my save file?

Hero
@idkhows I merged your post with the bug report but every world is new.

Did you install any packs newly ?

Also tbs it's not a different issue: Any mods/cc in your game ?

Also checking the screenshot, base game worlds seem fine, is that correct ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 67 of 312 (1,239 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? alls, except Batuu and Werewolfs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? opening a already existing save after installing the wedding pack
What happens when the bug occurs? Tartosa appears twice in map overview
What do you expect to see? Tartosa only once in map overview
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

update:

Thanks to @crinrict i tried again disabling the pack and then saving my houshold, closing the game and then installing the pack again and it worked this time!

I probably forgot saving in between disabling and enabling the pack the first time around.

So i have the same problem with Tartosa, but it seems to occure only in my legacy challenge save.

disabling and reabling the pack didn't work.

Repairing the game didn't work.

Deleting everything and then putting back in the tray,mods,saves and screenshots folder after a restart of the game didn't work either.

i tried both things with and without mods in my game.

Even completely reinstalling the game did not help.

Message 68 of 312 (1,196 Views)

Hero
@MissOrangeBlue Did you save your game after disabling the pack ? Did you load a family outside of tortosa to save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 69 of 312 (1,191 Views)

★★ Novice

This worked for me. Saved me hours. Thank you! 

Message 70 of 312 (1,163 Views)