Re: [OPEN] [MSP] Camera keys not working in photo mode (QE, WASD)

by MR_TURBODRIVER

Original Post

Re: Camera Keys Q and E not working as they should be

★ Apprentice

Such a bummer....Frown

Message 51 of 112 (1,874 Views)

★ Guide

Come on, I believe it still can be fixed, still waiting, it's only been 10 months since it broke. pls fix maxis.

Message 52 of 112 (1,828 Views)

★ Guide

No worries we have tons of disappointment ahead of us.

Starting when they release the info their next pack then hyping it  up then the wonderful excitement of them breaking more stuff they will not or lazily fix lol.

Still waiting EA.

Message 53 of 112 (1,724 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I really hope they fix this for the next update :c I've been waiting for months to take pictures with the tripod since it allowed to take photos from all the angles possible Frown

Message 54 of 112 (1,675 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's been almost a year. theres no way it should take this long to revert a pushed change.

unreal

Message 55 of 112 (1,555 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

The patchnotes for todays patch say

Moschino

• Fixed an issue with keys [Q] and [E] when used with the Tripod, now those keys should move the camera up and down freely. Strike a pose!

I am testing now to see if this is it!

Edit:

Now after testing I can say Q and E do move the camera up and down which we can now consider fixed.

But freely is a strong word.

The movement is still fixated on a vertical line.

WASD still don't move the camera around in two dimensions.

W does the same as Z and + which is to zoom in.

S does the same as X and - which is to zoom out.

A and D pan the camera left and right respectively instead of moving the camera left and right.

So this patch does offer a tiny move in the right direction, but it is far from the original intended and advertised freedom.

Like we said multiple times already: 

When using the tripod we were able to move the camera around exactly like you can move around the camera after pressing TAB.

After pressing TAB it is possible to move the camera up and down using Q and E. (which we now can do again on the tripod thanks to this patch)

W moves the camera forwards.

S moves the camera backwards.

A moves the camera to the left.

D moves the camera to the right.

Thanks to the team for finally adressing this point even if it doesn't fix this completely.

You may now remove QE from the title and leave WASD in.

I'm looking forward to seeing this issue fixed in full in the future.

Message 56 of 112 (1,522 Views)

Hero

@KariRaiha Thanks for testing.

I'll mark this as partially fixed and hopefully the rest can be fixed soon too

For completion sake: 

Fixed an issue with keys [Q] and [E] when used with the Tripod, now those keys should move the camera up and down freely. Strike a pose!

Partial Fixed in Patch 1.67.45/ 1.32

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 112 (1,496 Views)

★ Guide

With the release of the 1.67 (2020, October 6th) patch, the photo freecam mode is still not as it was originally introduced.

Keys Q and E are now capable of moving the camera up and down, which was one of the missing elements of the photo freecam feature. Good job doing that.

What's still missing is the ability to move the camera forward, backward, left, and right. This is an important distinction from the existing zoom capability, as taking pictures near walls with end up with the camera clipping into/behind the wall instead of letting you move it closer to the photo subject. This was previously done by pressing the TAB key to access the freecam controls, in which you gained an ability to move forward, move backward, strafe left, and strafe right.

Here's how it originally worked: https://clips.twitch.tv/StylishSpinelessHedgehogPunchTrees

An interesting thing, why does the TAB key make a sound when in photo mode if it doesn't do anything?

Message 58 of 112 (1,488 Views)

Re: [PARTIAL FIX] [MSP] Camera keys not working in photo mode (QE, WASD)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ya'll this is getting ridiculous...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxTevJtWLOE starting 1:10 you will see how the keys were working when the pack came out.

Message 59 of 112 (1,452 Views)

Re: [PARTIAL FIX] [MSP] Camera keys not working in photo mode (QE, WASD)

★ Guide
@SimonSofa The video is unfortunately missing the Tab freecam controls that is one of the main things that's missing.
Message 60 of 112 (1,432 Views)