Re: [OPEN] [MSP] Camera keys not working in photo mode (QE, WASD)

by xjfo411x

Original Post

Re: Moschino: Camera Controls Don't Work Properly On Tripod

★★ Apprentice

Another patch, but this problem has still not been fixed Frown
I think I will never use the camera like they said when they sold the Moschino pack Frown

Message 31 of 112 (1,195 Views)

Re: Moschino: Camera Controls Don't Work Properly On Tripod

★★★ Novice

Right? It's embarrassing for the Sims team. It really makes them look incompetent when it should be an easy fix. I just want to get the feature they sold me for $10 :/

Message 32 of 112 (1,155 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SimGuruNick I know you said that you are acknowledging this issue, but can you let us know if this issue has essentially just been swept under the rug and just determined to be a broken game feature? I'd rather know than to get my hopes up after each new patch update (like today's) and the problem still isn't addressed.

Message 33 of 112 (1,079 Views)

★ Novice

Seeing new controls added to the sims game was nice to see photography be more professional style. As some one who love photagraphy    hopefully the E&Q get fixed.

Message 34 of 112 (1,050 Views)

Hero

I'm still curious about this. 

Does the slide at the button not do the same as the keys ?

I totally get the key should be fixed but you can still move around the Sim with the slider, right ?

Or did the key do yet something different ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 112 (1,036 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictIt doesn't. The slider at the bottom attempts to give a 360° view of the Sim, but it is on a wonky fixed slider that just sends the camera in an oval around the intended subject when you choose the option to "Take Photo".

The freedom that the keys allowed was it unlocked the ability to freely move around any subject, angle the camera up or down, and move closer and further from the subject. It unlocked the functionality of the TAB camera keys to be used while taking a photograph with the Moschino tripod.

Message 36 of 112 (1,007 Views)

Hero
@xjfo411x Thanks for clarifying that.

I tend not to use camera movements too much as I get sick from them so didn't try (or watch videos that potentially trigger my motion sickness)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 112 (995 Views)

★ Apprentice

Man this is such a bummer.

Message 38 of 112 (978 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This is so sad. I'm really wondering if maybe my faith is misplaced in this team. I thought it was a bunch of hard-working, creative, community driven people but seeing a pack's central selling point left broken for over 6 months is so discouraging. It feels like they already have our money so they don't care to give us the product we paid for now. This was one of my favorite features for story telling and decorative purposes. I know the team might be stretched thinner with the pandemic, but even a simple update, something saying "hey we're still working on this, expect it in ___ patch" would be excellent.

Message 39 of 112 (952 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Well. Unfortunately that explains a lot.

¬_¬
Message 40 of 112 (920 Views)