Re: [WORKAROUND] [MSP] Camera keys not working in photo mode (QE, WASD)

by babuchas01

Original Post

Re: WASD Camera controls not working when sim is taking a photo

Hero
@niamhrj Do you mean this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-MSP-Camera-keys-not-working-in-photo-mode-QE-WASD/m... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 91 of 112 (708 Views)

★ Guide

Tested in the 1.75 game patch. The tripod camera is still not functioning as originally advertised. On the other hand, the new decorator career camera is working like the tripod camera worked in the past. The tripod camera could have been fixed this time but instead the focus was only to make it work for the new game pack. I've had reports of the tripod camera working for some users without any real explanation of how, but if so, why is it not working for all.

Message 92 of 112 (738 Views)

Hero
@MR_TURBODRIVER The decorator camera is broken for the basement again .. wonder if there's a relation

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 93 of 112 (730 Views)

★ Guide

I've come to the conclusion, that although never officially stated, the current functionality of the tripod camera is the new intended functionality and we're not meant to get the old behavior back. It's been over a year now, this can't be accidental.

I find that the decorator camera works great, although I haven't tested it in basements.

Message 94 of 112 (723 Views)

★★ Guide

That would be bad. Me and many others bought the moschino pack exclusively for the free movement camera. Not getting it fixed when there is a perfectly working camera now in a new pack feels like a scam. Is it not possible to simply implement the current functionality of the decorator camera in the moschino pack? I am not a programmer but it should not be so difficult, right? Just a humble suggestion, so we get what we already paid for. 

Message 95 of 112 (759 Views)

Hero
@babuchas01 Did you test basements with the new pack?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 96 of 112 (747 Views)

★★ Guide

No, I have not, I will see if I can test it and see if it works.

Message 97 of 112 (733 Views)

Hero
@babuchas01 Here's the bug report for it: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/DHD-Can-t-pan-the-camera-in-basements-in-before-after-photos/m...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 98 of 112 (725 Views)

★★ Guide

Just for your information, the workaround given for this problem stopped working a few months ago, there are several users reporting it, me included. Maybe it would be good to change it from "workaround" to "open", because there is no workaround now. 

Message 99 of 112 (697 Views)

Re: WASD Camera controls not working when sim is taking a photo

Hero
@niamhrj Is the linked issue what you're seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 100 of 112 (646 Views)