Re: Sims 4 June 18, 2019 Update Problem

by Citysim9997

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem and don't use mods.

Message 31 of 61 (1,250 Views)

Hero
It's NOT mod related but easy to fix

Just use the workaround posted in solution post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 61 (1,246 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you so much, the workaround worked ;-)

Message 33 of 61 (1,229 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict Thanks, the workaround works great. I have the same issue, my save is old BTW.
Message 34 of 61 (1,214 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Can confirm your workaround works fine, all is well again. 

I'm glad this isn't just me, I hope this can be fixed soon and our saves patched Frown

Message 35 of 61 (1,177 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have never written on these forums before so I'm sorry if I'm doing replying wrong. I just wanted to say that I am glad it isn't about mods. Lot of my residential lots have turned to be either cafes, nightclubs, restaurants or karaokes. Will try the work around, I also have a very old save because I am a perfectionist who works on lots and treat my neighborhoods like miniature worlds.

It would give some piece of mind tho to know roughly how it happened in the first place and if we should be expecting some deeper rooted problems to emerge.

Message 36 of 61 (1,152 Views)

Hero
added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 61 (1,120 Views)

★★★ Guide

Mine seem only affected in Newcrest, I fixed up one of the houses up, only to of reverted back to corrupt retail state on the same save when I checked back there a day or two later. So fixing them is only temporary, all Retail Lots.

Message 38 of 61 (1,061 Views)

Houses labled as incomplete retaurant

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything up to Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? So I noticed that my houses were labeled restaurants and they were incomplete. I even tried to end it and hit the option sell. My household disappeared and I quit the game unsaved to get them back. It won't go away.
What happens when the bug occurs? So I noticed that my houses were labeled restaurants and they were incomplete. I even tried to end it and hit the option sell. My household disappeared and I quit the game unsaved to get them back. It won't go away. I can play the houses fine. But it shows them as restaurants.
What do you expect to see? Houses labeled as houses.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The issue showed up right after the game wide update before Island Living was available.

Also I don't use mods, but some people do. I don't know if my game is affected if they add outside content to their houses then I download them.

Message 39 of 61 (1,061 Views)

Re: Houses labled as incomplete retaurant

★ Guide

I'm having a problem in Oasis Springs.  The 2 residential lots are listed as a museum and a restaurant.  The workaround does not work for me.  Won't allow me to change lot type.  I also have a cinema that is listed as a bar and cannot change to cinema.  Cinema is not even on the list.

Message 40 of 61 (928 Views)