[WORKAROUND] Lot Types Change/ Business Funds for residential housing

by crazylilly41090

Original Post

Re: Lot Type - residential lot becomes retail, house goes missing, cannot change

Hero
@Jennago Did you download any lots from the gallery ?

Is your Sim on the lot you want to change ?

Do you have the issue with just one lot or multiple ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 74 (994 Views)

Re: Lot Type - residential lot becomes retail, house goes missing, cannot change

★★★ Novice

@Jennago Did you download any lots from the gallery ?

- No , this is an original property in willow creek that I have built on to since I starting playing a few years ago

Is your Sim on the lot you want to change ?

- Originally yes, when I went into the property the family was there but the house was missing. From the map it only had options for retail. As soon as I entered the property it gave me a summary of the business which has not happened before (they own a retail lot on a different map).  Their residential lot only had the option to sell as a retail lot so I did that. The family then disappeared from the lot and when I went into build on the lot (to change the lot type), it gave me the 801 error or just loads indefinitely. 

Do you have the issue with just one lot or multiple ?

- so far it seems to be this lot only. 

Message 52 of 74 (963 Views)

Hero
@Jennago Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 74 (940 Views)

Hero
@Jennago Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 54 of 74 (889 Views)

Lot Type Changes when entering Manage World

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Up to date on updates
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All current expansion and stuff packs. All game packs except for My Wedding Stories. And I have two kits, country kitchen and the plant one.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The lot with the bar in Glimmerbrook (sorry can't remember name of lot). After changing lot type and then entering manage world
What happens when the bug occurs? The lot appears to be a residential and I move my sims in, but then I go to manage worlds and the lot is not an incomplete bar with my sims still set as residents
What do you expect to see? The lot remains as residential
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

screenshot: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kl_6FPaRDoJUMi-SROEsooUp0KJjt4JQ?usp=sharing

Message 55 of 74 (1,024 Views)

Re: Lot Type Changes when entering Manage World

Hero
@westsidepumpkin at what point did you remove your mods ? Does it say the lot type is a bar if you go to build mode ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 56 of 74 (988 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I removed my mods and then tried placing the lot from my library and the same thing occurred as when I had my mods in the game.  I use mods typically and keep them in-game except when updating and waiting to see if my mods are safe after game updates.  The lot type is a bar in build mode.

Message 57 of 74 (932 Views)

Hero
@westsidepumpkin Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 58 of 74 (902 Views)

Message 59 of 74 (853 Views)

Hero
@westsidepumpkin Thanks. I'll take a look tomorrow and let you know what I find.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 60 of 74 (790 Views)