Re: My home lot keeps changing to a beach lot

by NoahLGP

Original Post

Re: [BG] Lot type locked, Living in a Generic lot

Hero
@NoahLGP Do you also have business funds showing like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Residential-lots-turning-into-other-lots-types/td-... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 74 (1,054 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrict

I found how to unlock the type

Use bb.enablefreebuild cheat in Live Mode and go to Build Mode.

Message 42 of 74 (1,007 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict

Using bb.enablefreebuild from live mode also worked for me to fix the lot type. 

I got this bug yesterday after I bought Magic and Vampires. I don't have any CC or Mods. For me the bug came w either Magic or Vampires. 

Do you want my save file?

THANK YOU @NoahLGP 

Message 43 of 74 (961 Views)

Hero
@jezzabella2313 No, all good. Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 74 (941 Views)

Residential lot changes to Generic when I try to play it

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Famous, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Magic, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Fitness, Glamour, Movie Hangout, Luxury Party, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Repros 100% on my active house in my game. Not sure how to trigger the bug generically.
What happens when the bug occurs? Viewed from the neighborhood, my active family is in a house on a Residential lot. Once I enter the household, even if I immediately go to Manage Worlds, the lot type changes to Generic. This blocks access to household funds in Build Mode.
What do you expect to see? I expect the lot type to remain Residential.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I hadn't played for several months and picked up several game updates at once. When I tried to resume playing my household, I found Build Mode was now useless because it shows a $0 business balance rather than the family's balance.

Message 45 of 74 (917 Views)

Re: Residential lot changes to Generic when I try to play it

Hero
@Nightwand Merged your post with existing thread. Could you try the workaround in the solution post of this thread ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 46 of 74 (891 Views)

★★ Novice

I would have preferred to find a way to not have the lot type shift on me in the first place. However, letting it change and then using the "bb.enablefreebuild" cheat to switch the lot type back to Residential did do the trick.

Message 47 of 74 (851 Views)

Hero
@Nightwand It's a bug that EA needs to fix. This is just a workaround.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 74 (837 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Lot Types Change/ Business Funds for residential housing

★ Guide

I have been getting this bug even when I change the lot type from one type to residential before placing. This happens especially with lots from the gallery that are otherwise marked correctly from download and from the prompt to change the lot type in game.

Message 49 of 74 (696 Views)

Lot Type - residential lot becomes retail, house goes missing, cannot change

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? island living, seasons, cats and dogs, get together, get to work realm of magic, strangerville, spa day, outdoor retreat my first pet, kids room, spooky, cool kitchen, perfect patio, luxury party all free things
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter lot on map, house disappears. Happens with play and build mode for sims that own other retail business addresses.
What happens when the bug occurs? Lots where sims own business have been altered from residential lots to no lot retail. I have tried to sell the retail lot which then evicts the sims from the house. When I go to build to change the lot type the game crashes - states error 801. Lot has an orange ! over it.
What do you expect to see? I would like to be able to enter the residential lot as a residential lot again and not lose the house or sims along the
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. one of the last 2 patches, not sure which lead to this issue

Hi,

This was posted a few years ago as an issue. I tried to follow the help from there, but got stuck when trying to add a property type back onto my property. I can't sell or bulldoze this property at all anymore, or enter it in build mode. 

Help!

Message 50 of 74 (988 Views)